G2 NMEA network power

Based off of what little I know about the NMEA 2K, the network requires a 12V power source which usually connects directly to the battery.
    Does the accessory power out (item 9 in the red box) provide the power to my NMEA network?

G2 Wire Diagram.png

I ask because the guy at my dealer that rigged my G2 connected the motor and concealed control cables to my existing NMEA network which is already connected to the battery and it seems a little redundant that there is power coming from the concealed control...
    united in the pursuit of bass.

The is the power node that connects to the control head wire harness and supplies battery power to the network. You can only have one power source, this is a mistake dealers make all the time.

You can use a power isolator tee which allows information to pass through be not the battery power or ground.

20200809_160301.jpg Here is one from Garmin.
    RUSTY63 in a Shiny Green Jacket.......

Thanks Elgin!

I'm probably just going to remove the tee that runs to the battery and just go off the one that comes off the conceal control.

That will work but, the key will need to be on to use the depth finders, this is where the tee comes in, you can have two sources of power on one system and use either one without the other needing to be on.

I had not considered that....

Below is my current network with where I think the power isolator would go on Tee 6.

NMEA 2K Network.jpg

Does this look about right?

Negative, from your diagram tee's never go on the vertical always on the horizontal, place it between tee 4 and 5.
    One other thing after looking at this again, you need to get all the Evinrude stuff on one side of the Isolation tee and all the depth finder stuff on the other side.

Sorry, I was on the phone trouble shooting an overheating G1 when I answered the first time, guess I cant do two things at once anymore.
    Last edited by ELGIN; 08-10-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Haha! I gotcha. I'll have to do some cable management here... Tees 1-4 are all in the back compartment while 5-9 are at the console...

Thanks!

I would appear I'm going to have to order some more cables....

NMEA 2K G2 Network.jpg

My cable management OCD does NOT like the crisscrossing between the Aft compartment cluster and the console....

Consealed side mount G2.jpg This is how we start off with the Evinrude side. If possible I would remove the power node in your diagram from the battery and connect it to the power switch in the boat if it has one.

I think I've got it! and this won't require me to buy anymore cables!

NMEA 2K G2 Network V2.jpg

That will work.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCPT View Post
    I think I've got it! and this won't require me to buy anymore cables!

NMEA 2K G2 Network V2.jpg
    Our tax dollars at work!

13. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ELGIN View Post
    Negative, from your diagram tee's never go on the vertical always on the horizontal, place it between tee 4 and 5.
    One other thing after looking at this again, you need to get all the Evinrude stuff on one side of the Isolation tee and all the depth finder stuff on the other side.

Sorry, I was on the phone trouble shooting an overheating G1 when I answered the first time, guess I cant do two things at once anymore.
    Welcome to the old farts club pard.....where walking and chewing bubble gum gets TECHNICAL....