lithium batteries charging question.

In my setup I have 2 100 amp battle born running 24 volt trolling motor and a ionic 125 amp running everything else. I use the blue tooth app in the ionic to monitor the charge of the ionic but have no way to monitor the battle born. I was using a dual pro professional 3 bank charger with the lithium profile to charge. The charger would go thru all the motions of operating correctly and after a while usually a couple hours all the green lights would come on. Problem is the blue tooth app never showed the battery close to full charge. I would then have to charge with an 20 amp portable charger to get the app to show full charge. I would then use the 20 amp to charge the battle born. So here’s my question for anyone using a dual pro lithium profile charger to charge any lithium batteries that doesn’t have a blue tooth app. How do you know your batteries are getting an 100% charge.

2. Member
    Did you ask Battleborn if that charger would get those batteries to 100%. If so you needn't be concerned. If you are worried wait till the day after you charge. Using a good volt meter check the voltage on the 2 trolling battery's. Your battleborn guys can also give you the proper voltage for 100%.(probably 13.5 or 13.6). The 100% mark is not really important either. Anything from 95% up is fine. Also I think Dual Pro may have other charge profiles you can load for Battleborn and Ionic. Maybe talk to Drew. And there are other chargers you can get also. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    98B7E8BD-41AF-4F31-B501-CC4718A4F736.jpeg
    Battle born sent me this chart. So I started putting a volt meter on the batteries after the charger . The dual pro charger would always stop charging at around 13.2 volts. With the portable charger it would take the charge to over 14 volts. Battle born sells the dual pro lithium profile charger so I’m guessing they tested it with there batteries. I’m just wondering how many people just trust the green lights instead of checking voltage.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deerfarmer View Post
    98B7E8BD-41AF-4F31-B501-CC4718A4F736.jpeg
    Battle born sent me this chart. So I started putting a volt meter on the batteries after the charger . The dual pro charger would always stop charging at around 13.2 volts. With the portable charger it would take the charge to over 14 volts. Battle born sells the dual pro lithium profile charger so I’m guessing they tested it with there batteries. I’m just wondering how many people just trust the green lights instead of checking voltage.
    If you leave it off the charger at least overnight it will drop below the high number listed on your chart. I don't have the DP chart to know the profile. They have more than one profile for Lithium batteries. Like sharphook says ask Battleborn about your charger. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

When I got Battle Born batteries, I also purchased the Dual Pro charger with them. I am going fishing tomorrow so I connected the charger this morning and about noon I disconnected the charger will all green lights.
    Just went out to check the voltage, I have a meter connection on the trolling motor foot pedal for a Drok meter to check battery condition. It showed 27.2V 100% charge.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    I have had long conversation with both Andy and dual pro about the performance and expectations I should be seeing from there lithium profile charger. I personally believe there is some kind of issue with the lithium profile they are currently using. When researching lithium chargers I was looking for the highest amp onboard charger I could find and who had them for the best price. The highest amp per bank charger I could find was the dual pro at 15 amps per bank and Andy had the best price. When I purchased my ionic I also purchased Andy’s 20 amp single charger as a backup charger. I noticed from the blue tooth app that the 20 amp charger would at 20 amps but the dual pro would only be charging at 7 or 8 amps and would take 3 times as long to charge. And then there is the issue of the dual pro shutting off before the batteries had a full charge. To say I’m strongly disappointed in my purchase of the dual pro is a understatement. Dual pro has been working with me but 5 months and 3 chargers later we are currently back at square one. I currently have two different chargers they sent me that both need to be returned . I spent 459.00 on this charger and it worthless to me. I have heard from others having the same issues but don’t want to post. I’m just trying to figure out if this is just a couple isolated chargers or a bigger problem. I’d really like to hear from members using dual pro professional lithium profile chargers with good experiences.

7. Member
    Sir I had a duel pro for my Ionic batteries 4 and had nothing but problems with it. I also bought it new with the batteries that I purchased in 2018. Ended up sending it back 5x before I asked for a refund and went with the charger from Ionic. Since I replaced it I have had no problems charging. Duel pro make a great charging system but I dont think they have the lithium game down.

8. Member
    Any more question contact me thanks Chris

9. Member
    I had a Dual Pro prior to my lithiums. I took it out because of research pointing to issues. That and it was so big and heavy taking up about 1/2 of the storage compartment where it was mounted. I put in a MK460PC set to AGM. Initially the MK may have some issues with the lithium and cut off early. I believe that this was due to a learned behavior from charging my AGM starting battery. It works fine now. In my case, the starting battery typically needs very little charge. I did run into the same thing that you see running a DC alternator charger setup. Working with Danny at Stealth to set up a charger to deliver the higher voltage needed to charge the lithium trolling batteries rapidly. Need to work hard to deliver a strong bulk and hit that 14.3v range like the MK chart posted above.
    2018 Ranger 1880 MS
    200 Verado L4
    Solix 12 SI G1
    XNT 14 HWT dual spectrum 2D on Y cable
    Ulterra 112 Ipilot Link
    AS GPS HS
    Ionic lithium batteries 3)100 1)125 installed 6/20
    MK460PC on board charger
    Stealth 1 DC lithium so-so about 6 amps per battery

10. Member
    I am using 2 Battleborn 100 amp for a 24 volt motor. What I have found that both batteries will sometimes charge at different rates. One bank will turn green before the other has.
    I have the MK-220PC and set it the the AGM setting. I have talked to Battleborn and that is what they suggested. I have a volt meter wired to both batteries within 2ft so there is no voltage drop for monitoring. Charger lights turn green when voltage is 14.4 or 14.5. I then turn the charger off. Float stage is really never used. They do not rest at that voltage.

I have not been a big fan at all of my dual pro professional chargers with my relion batteries. Similar issues. Only seeing like 9-11amps per bank at best when I should see 15. Before they are fully charged they drop closer to 3-5amps per bank and it takes way longer to charge than I thought they would. I could see it charging at 13-15 amps for the bulk of the charge and then dropping down to 5amps for the last hour of the charge but it’s not like that or at least not when I monitor the charge. At the most I thought 7 hours on a dead battery and I’ve seen over 12 hours to charge with hours of that charge only in the 5amp range. Nice to hear others have similar charging issues and I’m not crazy. It’s really not a big issue until I tax my batteries extremely hard and have a tournament the next day and they only get 6 hours of charge time.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

12. Member
    Watching the Ionic charge on my MK460PC I typically see them run at 13.x amps sometimes more right up until about 99% then tapers off. I've used a clip on charger set to AGM and 40 amps. It will throw 40 amps until near the end as well then taper quickly.
    Last edited by Diesel Pro; 08-11-2020 at 08:41 AM.
    2018 Ranger 1880 MS
    200 Verado L4
    Solix 12 SI G1
    XNT 14 HWT dual spectrum 2D on Y cable
    Ulterra 112 Ipilot Link
    AS GPS HS
    Ionic lithium batteries 3)100 1)125 installed 6/20
    MK460PC on board charger
    Stealth 1 DC lithium so-so about 6 amps per battery

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Pro View Post
    Watching the Ionic charge on my MK460PC I typically see them run at 13.x amps sometimes more right up until about 99% then tapers off. I've used a clip on charger set to AGM and 40 amps. It will throw 40 amps until near the end as well then taper quickly.
    When I'm using the portable 20 amp charger that lithium hub sells I see the full 20 amps through out the charge and it charges so quickly I've never seen what the amps are close to the end of a charge. Maybe my expectations of the dual pro are to high but when I purchased it I did so because I was under the belief I would be getting 15 amps per bank. Which brings us back to my original question of if you don't have an blue tooth app how does everyone know how there charger is preforming.

14. Banned
    I have MTechLithium batteries and they suggested I use the MK precision battery charger and they charge them to 100% as per the bms LCD display.

15. Member
    My Dual Pro didn’t charge my lithium batteries the other day. It is less than a year old with lithium profile. It got very hot, but it’s also very hot here. Is there an ambient temperature upper limit?