Banned

Anybody been on bluestem

Thinking about heading over to bluestem just curious how it is fishing? Curious how it is doing after they fixed the salt water leak above the lake.

2. Banned
    One bass about 2lb on a jackhammer and two catfish on red square bill.

3. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    What happened? Spent my child hood there and haven’t been back in 15 years

4. Banned
    A couple years ago seemed like fishing just died off. You could always run up the creek and find some small fish even on the toughest of days. Had a few trips that couldn't buy a fish even one. Mentioned it to a gentleman and he said their was a salt line coming off a tank battery above that had been leaking water into the creek. They didn't know how much or for how long and he works for the drilling company that runs the lease and made the repairs so I assumed that's why the fishing got tough.

5. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Man usually salt makes the water even better, that is as long as it wasn’t too much, but it would have to be a shit ton to make it uninhabitable for Oklahoma species. Hell the salinity in texoma would blow your mind and why I think it’s one of the best fisheries in the state

6. Banned
    He said salt water but I'm not sure what all could be in that water coming off a tank battery. And it might not have effected the lake at all it might just be my lack of ability to catch fish. I will let you know since I moved i plan on hitting it on a regular basis. Fished it a lot growing up always caught fish it just might take some time to figure it out again.

7. Member
    Unfortunately most salt water from a produced oil well would likely have some chemicals mixed in it. This is why the salt water must be disposed of properly, such as a salt water disposal well. Many wells have corrosion and scale inhibitors injected, some can have Biocide which kills bacteria which as you can tell by the name would not be good for any living thing. I’m not saying this happened, but produced salt water from a oil well usually is not healthy. I have worked in the oil and gas industry, mostly on the production side for almost 40 years.

8. Member
    What do the latest shock numbers say, population wise?

9. Banned
    2011 is the latest I could find and it wasn't on the list

10. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    I remember many 20-30 fish mornings on that lake. I literally have probably spent a year plus fishing on that lake. My grandparents had a dock in second cove as well as a couple of uncles and their friends. I would fish the crap out of it from a paddle boat lol. That thing was awesome. I would also get permission and keys of all the neighbor docks and go crappie fish in the winter with my g pa. I watched him catch a 4.03! Many of 1.5-2.5lbers. Ran trot lines for flats and walked the creek for craws. Oh the memories. Back when pawhuska was stocked with trout, I shit you not my uncle caught a dang rainbow crappie fishing on bluestem. Apparently someone relocated a few. Hahaha. Man the memories.

11. Banned
    Those are the days I remember too 10 fish would be a slow day. The day I got my drivers license dad asked if I wanted to go to school or bluestem. We unloaded the boat about 10 and put it back on the trailer about 10 that night caught fish all day long.

About 10 years ago when we had a really bad dry spell and the lake got down a lot of the dock owners took advantage of their docks setting on dry land. They ran cables everywhere it's kinda a pain to fish the docks anymore. And since they are allowing permanent structures now it's getting a lot more pleasure boats.

12. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Funny. I just looked at the aerials.... there were no socks on the north side of the lake back then. Cables where always a pain. That paddle boat would go right over them. Or under lol. That was back in the salt craw days. Jeez it’s been too long. Might have to make a trip. Still grass in all the creeks I assume?

13. Banned
    Yes their is

14. Banned
    Fished pretty good ran over yesterday morning with 11pounder. I caught 3 he had 5 or 6 lakes in great shape the creek is muddy.