24 volt trolling motor

Thinking about buying a EYRA will it do fine on a 24 volt trolling motor system.

2. Member
    get a ghost and you can go 24 volt and up it to 36 later if you find that it is needed. i have a 24v on my 20 footer and have never wanted more motor or run time.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    get a ghost and you can go 24 volt and up it to 36 later if you find that it is needed. i have a 24v on my 20 footer and have never wanted more motor or run time.
    Agree. I have a Lynx with a Ghost and 24 volts and see no need to run 36 volts.

4. Member
    Lots of TVA current here. I need a 36 volt on my Puma.

It does just fine for most uses with an 80 pound motor. Another option is to go with a Garmin or Lowrance and just run them on 24 volts.

6. Member
    I've owned an Eyra with a 36 volt and now a 24 volt. Unless you are a true professional fisherman you don't need 36 volts. I myself as a weekend warrior, the 24 volts does just fine, not to mention one less battery to service, replace and the added weight. I fish pretty fast and the one thing I can tell you is I run the 24 on a little higher setting than I did the 36 but have never ran low on battery come derby day.

7. Member
    I have always ran 24 v trolling motors. Just put a lowrance ghost on it two weeks ago . Fished on the Ohio River and Barkley lake with wind and current . Battery’s held up great by the end of a 8 hr day it finally went to a yellow light @50% 29 group wet cells . No need for 36 v and the added weight . Even if it became a problem I would go 24v lithium’s

8. Member
    Thats for the reply ill probably go with a 24 system

9. Member
    Recommend getting the wiring and battery tray for a 36 volts setup and only install two trolling batteries. That’s what I did on my Lynx with the Ghost. If you ever find the need for the third trolling battery, it is an easy upgrade.

up here on in WI we have the upper Mississippi river (heavy current and extremely heavy vegetation) or the great lakes heavy current/waves....most guys run 36V up here even on 18 foot boats.....lots of guys will drain their 36V systems in 6 hours of fishing the Miss river.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

I have a 36v MG Tour on my Cougar. I would prefer to run 24v but the 36v has come in handy a few times on multi-day trips when I couldn't get the batteries recharged due to an unavailable plug-in.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    up here on in WI we have the upper Mississippi river (heavy current and extremely heavy vegetation) or the great lakes heavy current/waves....most guys run 36V up here even on 18 foot boats.....lots of guys will drain their 36V systems in 6 hours of fishing the Miss river.
    I fish the upper Mississippi river in my Eyra regularly. Started with a 24V and put a 36V trolling motor on it before i owned it a year. Its tough to fish the main river when the current is pulling you away with the TM set to 10. I would recommend getting a Ghost> Try 24V, if its not enough for what you fish, then buy another battery and switch to 36V. Its a whole cheaper and easier that way than having to replace an entire motor later.

Mike

I fished a 12 hour tournament with a 24v and had no problems but have the older Erya. Shouldn’t be a problem unless you fish lots of current

14. Banned
    I would recommend that you check out the Kipawa tri-blade for the trolling motor. Makes a great deal of difference in thrust and the batteries will last longer.

15. Member
    One more thing I would like to add. I fished a derby last weekend on Havasu. The mean water flow for that day was 11,900 cfs. I flipped the main and secondary current the entire day. On the battery guage BCB puts on the boats my batteries read full charge at the beginning of the derby 25.5 volts. At the end of the derby day they read 25.0 volts. The reason for this is I installed a MinnKota Alternator which puts juice to the TM batteries when the main battery reaches 13.0 volts or more. I ran the TM speed most of the day on numbers 5-6 with bursts to 10 when I wanted to move through dead water.