F1 racing on ESPN

Now

2. Member
    I watched it. Good race with Max winning. Mercedes cooked all their tires. Makes Nascar look like a circus. Albon and Hulkenberg looked good too. Too bad whats happend to Ferrari.
    War Eagle 2072 side console, Mossy Oak, Skinned with carpet,
    115 Optimax, Laser II, 19P.
    Rod locker, storage boxes, Terrova I-Pilot Link
    HB-899, HB-999, Bimini top, Smart Tabs,
    44 mph.

I also thought it was a good race. I used to go to the Glen in the mid-late 1970's to see the F1 guys race. Sure would like to see them in person again sometime...like maybe from the yacht in the harbor at Monaco!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Now
    Good for max.

I did aero design for F1 in my first job out of college. Max was a young test driver at the time and I remember how talented he was coming through the ranks.

Crazy world to make a career out of and I’ve moved on but was a fun time working on the design of those cars.

Quote Originally Posted by CFDoc View Post
    Good for max.

I did aero design for F1 in my first job out of college. Max was a young test driver at the time and I remember how talented he was coming through the ranks.

Crazy world to make a career out of and I’ve moved on but was a fun time working on the design of those cars.
    Too COOL!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by CFDoc View Post
    Good for max.

Now of you ever want to tell any interesting stories or just stories that we'll find interesting even if you don't from your time in F1 I'm sure the BBC would enjoy hearing them.

There was actually some pretty decent racing, which IMO is fairly unusual. I hate it when pit strategy and tire strategy decide the race, and the winner has a 20 second lead over 2nd. During the post race, it came out that Hulkenberg replaced Perez after Perez tested positive for Covid-19. I watched the delayed 6pm rerun after the WNBA game finished late...and it started during dinner. He put in a nice drive, and would be good to see him take Grojean's Haas seat, IMO.

The Michigan Cup race was pretty awesome. Hated to see the #2 and #12 crashed out in one wreck. I would guess that Roger Penske might be unhappy over that, but luckily for Brad, he's just signed his contract renewal. Too bad Harvick didn't have a broom to wave around, like KB has always done. Different strokes?
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

Nice to see someone else win. I use to watch a lot more could care less if Mercedes keeps winning.

9. Banned
    Been watching F1 sense late 80's. Sure miss those v10 and v12 idling at 10k to 11k rpms.