Carbon 9 w/ totalscan

I'm sure this is a simple fix but I can't get it to show an image on 2d sonar with the total scan. It works on down and side image but 2d is just a blank white screen. Any suggestions? Totals and is the only transducer connected. Which leads me to another question. At the console I have another 9 with AI 3n1 and a skimmer. How do I set it so it reads depth while moving from the skimmer and reads side/down/ 2d from the 3n1 while fishing? Or will I just have to such back and forth?

2. Member
    Use the black port on your HDS, then Pages-Settings-Sonar-Installation and check Channel 2. You need to ensure "med/high TotalScan" is selected as transducer.
    Then go back to the 2D sonar-screen, and in the menu to the reight choose Channel 2 as source (same menu as used for changing frequenzy).

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Use the black port on your HDS, then Pages-Settings-Sonar-Installation and check Channel 2. You need to ensure "med/high TotalScan" is selected as transducer.
    Then go back to the 2D sonar-screen, and in the menu to the reight choose Channel 2 as source (same menu as used for changing frequenzy).
    Ah OK thats what I'm missing. It finds the the Total Scan in installation. I was thinking it may have been a network setting. Thanks.

4. Member
    I had forgotten about that because when I first installed the new unit, I was still using the HDI transducer on my trolling motor. It was still showing that as the source for sonar, even though it's been removed from the boat. Should I leave that as transducer for Channel 1? I don't see an option for "none" only "unknown".

5. Member
    If there is something connected to the blue sonar port (Channel 1) then select it. But if nothing is on there, turn off Channel 1. As for your second question, yes, you have to switch between pages if you want sonar while running and Structure while idling.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    If there is something connected to the blue sonar port (Channel 1) then select it. But if nothing is on there, turn off Channel 1. As for your second question, yes, you have to switch between pages if you want sonar while running and Structure while idling.

NoCAL
    The Total Scan is the only transducer connected now. How do I turn off channel 1?

7. Member
    Pages, Settings, Sonar, check to see if Multisource is turned on. If so just turn off Channel 1.
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

8. Member
    Thanks