2019 Ranger Trailer Brake Grinding Noise

Single axle trailer that came with my 2019 Z519. When I drive and especially when I brake I hear and can slightly feel a grinding noise come from the trailer wheels/brakes.

tires or hubs don’t get hot after traveling
    sound is worst when braking
    can hear grinding noise when traveling slowly

being a 2019 i wouldn’t think it would be the bearings.

Any ideas and possible fixes?

Need to check brake pads. Mine had friction pads become delaminated from backing and were floating around in
    caliper making noise. Common problem.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FSHRMN1010 View Post
    Need to check brake pads. Mine had friction pads become delaminated from backing and were floating around in
    caliper making noise. Common problem.
    a few questions

so, tires need to come off and pads replaced?

What would you replace them with?

are the stock pads just cheap ones installed at the factory?

And would this be a warranty item?

Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerZ519 View Post
    a few questions

so, tires need to come off and pads replaced?

What would you replace them with?

are the stock pads just cheap ones installed at the factory?

And would this be a warranty item?

The brake pads are stock pads from a certain car model. Look in the trailer owner's manual. It should list the specific brake pads that you need. Call your dealer to see if they are covered under warranty.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

The issue is Ranger has bonded pads. If you can find “rivited” pads that would be better.
    This is only if you’re pads ARE delaminated from backing. Mine were warranty parts from Ranger.
    I will keep a close eye on mine after seeing this failure and reading about many more.

6. Member
    2019 I would think all work would be warranty.

John

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hagins View Post
    2019 I would think all work would be warranty.

John
    yep I hope so. The dealer I bought from is an hour away. Wonder if local cabelas will work me in as they are an authorized ranger dealer now?

Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerZ519 View Post
    yep I hope so. The dealer I bought from is an hour away. Wonder if local cabelas will work me in as they are an authorized ranger dealer now?
    I don't know about your local Cabela's, but I've read numerous stories on BBC and on Facebook about very poor service from Cabela's who are Ranger dealers.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

9. Member
    Dealer helped to fix. Both sides had broken brake pads. Not sure what happened there. Anyways it’s fixed and have my fingers crossed that this was a fluke.