Thread: Went tin

Banned

Went tin

20200808_162027.jpg

Couldn't pass up the deal!!!! 2016 175 txw w/75 merc 4s on the back under a hour on the motor when I picked it up. A Old gentleman had it and backed over a cylinder block the first time he went put it in his barn and bent the axel. The boat didn't move for 4 years never in the water till I unloaded today. The dealer worked over the motor, new axel, new wheels, and new tires. Took it to a little local lake and it fired up on the first bump of the key. Ran around getting some time on the motor and fished for a little bit caught two little fish.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Nice

3. Member
    Nice! I have a 15' aluminum boat and I catch more fish and have more fun with it than I do with my 195.

Congrats on the boat! It looks really good!!
    Charger 210 Elite

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    That’s a new boat! Nice find
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

6. Member
    Wow, nice find. Enjoy the new boat.

7. Member
    Nice find! That’ll get ya on some fish

8. Banned
    Thanks....going to take a lot of adjustment. Took two trips to realize that the 12v trolling motor has to go. Going to go up to a 24v and move the batteries to front end and see if I can lower the front end while setting. The versatrack system around the gunnel is a neat idea going to buy some rod holders for catfishing.

Never dreamed I would like a 4 stroke motor but it's awesome lots of torque and quite. Still breaking it in so cruising around about 4,000 rpms opening it up in short runs for a minute. Hit 47 mph before I backed out which is faster than I thought it would run loaded with two adults. The trim on the 4 strokes moves fast probably twice the speed as my last merc. Couple of bumps of the trim and it's up. Going to need a stainless prop after break in and I can run wot and get true numbers.

9. Member
    Wow. 47 with a 75hp is cruising. I had a 17’ Lowe with a 70hp Johnson that would hit right at 40. That Tracker will be a super nice rig. I had my Lowe all over the place. Even took it to Sturgeon Bay, though I had no clue what I was doing

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Wow. 47 with a 75hp is cruising. I had a 17’ Lowe with a 70hp Johnson that would hit right at 40. That Tracker will be a super nice rig. I had my Lowe all over the place. Even took it to Sturgeon Bay, though I had no clue what I was doing
    Thinking 47 is off it was by the guage the dealer said the new ones that pick up on the lower are accurate. Everyone else is saying their not i knew the old tube ones were off and I am thinking this one is too. From what I can tell most of these are running 40-43 mph. I am going to down load a GPS speed app on my phone and check it again.

A set up guru has headed me in the right direction for a 4 blade prop so that will be happening soon.

11. Member
    Regardless if it runs 43 or 47, it looks like a really nice boat. I really did enjoy my 17’ tin

12. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    My buddy had a 16 foot stratos with a 70 it would hit 38.