Thread: Evinrude Letter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Evinrude Letter

Got this in the mail today about my E-TEC motor today.

https://i.postimg.cc/4yBXR03J/C35-FF...55-DEFD530.jpg
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

2. Member
    Got mine Yesterday

So what part of "Rest assured, our team and dealer network will continue to be there to support you." are the BASS and MLF anglers seeing right now. It's a pure propaganda letter that's blowing smoke in the hopes people won't forget what BPR done to the brand of Evinrude and in hopes people will buy their "new technology and innovative marine products" in the future. The proof is in what you can actually see. BRP had a service crew to support anglers at major events for several years. As soon as the announcement was made that Evinrude was stopping production one of the first things they done was stop the service crew at major events...how are we suppose to believe anything in that letter when they are not doing what they say 100%...I guess BRP can claim the did not lie but instead told a partial truth

I notice that the letter mentions 1000 hours for the BEST coverage. When BRP had their 10-year coverage sales promotion, it was for 1500 hours.

Do you think that it was a misprint or that the company can change an existing warranty coverage as they wish?

BEST 2020 yearly coverage with hour limitations.JPG
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    BRP had a service crew to support anglers at major events for several years. As soon as the announcement was made that Evinrude was stopping production one of the first things they done was stop the service crew at major events

the service crews were pretty much shutdown before the announcement due to Copid shutting the trails down. No Anglers no need for service, they were merely victims of circumstance and the trailers were already parked anyways. Granted it was BRP's decision to shutdown the product line but they should have continued support to their pro staff at least until the end of the Tournament season. It wouldn't have cost them much to keep the crews on the road. That was just a bad decision.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAHORSE View Post
    I notice that the letter mentions 1000 hours for the BEST coverage. When BRP had their 10-year coverage sales promotion, it was for 1500 hours.

Do you think that it was a misprint or that the company can change an existing warranty coverage as they wish?

BEST 2020 yearly coverage with hour limitations.JPG
    It was 1000 unless you live in Florida and purchased in state then unlimited (Florida law). At least thats what it was when I purchased mine in Feb '17

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    BRP had a service crew to support anglers at major events for several years. As soon as the announcement was made that Evinrude was stopping production one of the first things they done was stop the service crew at major events

the service crews were pretty much shutdown before the announcement due to Copid shutting the trails down. No Anglers no need for service, they were merely victims of circumstance and the trailers were already parked anyways. Granted it was BRP's decision to shutdown the product line but they should have continued support to their pro staff at least until the end of the Tournament season. It wouldn't have cost them much to keep the crews on the road. That was just a bad decision.
    ...but the letter is dated before the major trails started back fishing. If that letter was true and they were going to "continue to be there to support you" there would have been a service crew at the events that were held after that letter was written and it did not happen. Next week there is an BASS Elite event at Lake St. Clair. There will be no service crew so BRP's statement is simply not true. For the record I have no ill will towards the brand of Evinrude. I have been loyal to the brand for 30 years but BRP has left me no choice but to change brands in the future when it comes time for a new purchase. There is zero chance I will buy any of BRP's new technology that they are developing. I may be wrong but with the way the shut down of Evinrude happen I bet BRP will fall flat on their face in with any new product they release in the boating market in the future.

How much is an evinrude service crew really needed at a tournament though? Its like the maytag repair man sitting there laughing at the yamaha guys swinging powerheads.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    How much is an evinrude service crew really needed at a tournament though? Its like the maytag repair man sitting there laughing at the yamaha guys swinging powerheads.
    I realize your post is made out of jest but the service crew is vital to anglers that fish at their level. You have guys that will run an area and think nothing about trashing a prop or lower unit. They will idle for hours on end fouling plugs and think nothing of idling right thru the nasty patch of weeks, sand or dirty filth that gets in their way. People who fish at their level put motors thru hell. Often times the repair or service needed is self inflicted, hence the reason some have change brands. They want to know that at the end of the day when they ran their motor like hell there is someone there to ensure its ready to go the next day.

10. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    The intent of the letter is for the consumers Bass fishing is a minor segment the product encompasses. There are plenty of recreational boaters out there. That is who the letter was for. BRP had no idea when or if any trails were going to resume. Not a handful of anglers.
    On the other hand what about the Pro anglers that run Honda or Zukes? I didn't see any of their service trailers at the Classic I understand your point but remember it was upper management at BRP that shut them down not Evinrude. A very good friend of mine ran the service trailer for many year and it is a tough life with little thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    It was 1000 unless you live in Florida and purchased in state then unlimited (Florida law). At least thats what it was when I purchased mine in Feb '17
    The two 10-year coverage promotions were for 1500 hours total
    -----

The two 10-year coverage promotions were for 1500 hours total
    The warranty when I bought my E-TEC in 2015 was for seven years. I had no idea that it had a 1000 hour max. I’m in no way going to get 1000 hours on my boat before they seven years run out. I’ve thought about with being retired to trade in my motor and purchase another one just to have warranty for a few extended years...
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

Here is the limit terms from the best contract. The letter was sent to the consumers and has nothing to do with pro staff as they are basically employees.

20200809_161607.jpg20200809_161607.jpg
    RUSTY63 in a Shiny Green Jacket.......

14. Member
    My warranty also says 1500 hours and my letter says 1000 hours

15. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    The intent of the letter is for the consumers Bass fishing is a minor segment the product encompasses. There are plenty of recreational boaters out there. That is who the letter was for. BRP had no idea when or if any trails were going to resume. Not a handful of anglers.
    On the other hand what about the Pro anglers that run Honda or Zukes? I didn't see any of their service trailers at the Classic I understand your point but remember it was upper management at BRP that shut them down not Evinrude. A very good friend of mine ran the service trailer for many year and it is a tough life with little thanks.
    You have a valid point and I do understand where your coming from. I just want to say I have no ill will towards Evinrude as a brand but I can say I am not happy with how BRP handled things in the 2002 purchase of OMC and how abruptly things happen in 2020. Everything in between is all good. I will remain loyal to the brand but I will more than likely shy away from any new BRP products in the future.

16. Member
    What about the 1500 vs 1000hrs discrepancy?

That would be a question to ask BRP, the letter came from them with a different hour limit than what you have in the contract you signed.

I would ask Karim Donnez as that is the signature on the consumer letter.
    RUSTY63 in a Shiny Green Jacket.......

I havent gotten the letter yet.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

My guess is that some non-technical person did not proofread or fact check the letter after composing it before sending it up to their superior for distribution.approval.
    -----

20. Member
    My guess is that some non-technical person did not proofread or fact check the letter after composing it before sending it up to their superior for distribution.approval.
    I had that happen to me on a different subject.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast