Advice on ordering a Phoenix 721

Below are a list of options I think I want:

1. Dual Dash Shroud
    2. Integrated Wiring System
    3. Built in Bow Lights
    4. Slam latch on Step up box
    5. Smartcraft gauge
    6. Padded cooler lid (padded deck is standard for 2021)
    7. Sportsman 4x10 charger
    8. Trick step on trailer
    9. Garmin Force trolling motor
    10. Garmin EchoMap Ultra graphs (12" bow and console or could also do (3) 10" units and have two at console)
    12. LVS-32 Livescope transducer mounted to trolling motor

I'm undecided on hydraulic jack plate and power poles.

This is my first bass boat so any helpful suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

If you fish shallow water at times the Atlas plate is really nice. Also if you like to see whats going on with the motor, I love the smart craft digital gauges if you're going with the Pro XS.
    Joe Hall
    Lake City, MN
    Phoenix 721
    XP/ 250 Pro XS

3. Member
    1. Padded cooler lid -- makes it difficult to load as it does not fully open straight up.
    2. Love the slam latches & built in bow nav lights
    3. Absolutely Atlas hydraulic jack plate
    4. I went with 4 bank dual pro 15A per bank chgr
    5. Humminbird Helix have much better side imaging from personal experience. I use two Echomap Ultras (one at bow for Livescope & one at console for mapping & multiple depth shading for the lakes). They both have their place.
    6. Livescope is a game changer, BUT it take time & effort to dial in & get use to.
    7. You will need the trailer hitch extension for the TrickStep or expect damage to vehicle.

Great choice on boat!
    Richard Viehe
    CRV Communications, Inc, President
    Authorized Bluewater LED Dealer
    Indpls., IN

Career Firefighter/Paramedic, Retired
    Carmel FD, IN

2020 Phoenix 21 PHX
    4 Stroke 250 Pro XS
    Console: Humminbird 12” Solix MSI G3, Garmin 126sv
    Bow: Humminbird 12” MEGA SI, Mega360, Garmin 122sv
    Livescope LVS34
    36V Ghost
    Dual 8' Blade Power Poles

4. Smallmouth Junkie!
    I would go with the Hydraulic jack plate. It would be easier to add the poles later when funding allows. If you will be fishing rough water or shallow water the HJP will be huge. Also consider adding dual bilge pump’s. You will wish you have them if you ever spear a wave.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

5. Member
    I might suggest a different brand of graph for mapping. I have 2 12” garmins and theyre the least accurate of the three major brands on the lakes i fish. The contouring absolutely sucks and makes fishing offshore a pia. Livescope is the real deal though. I wish i had a garmin just for livescope and birds for mapping/si/di but theyre what came on the boat and i dont wanna drop a lot more on graphs.
    They aint got hands, set the hook

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by km9e View Post
    1. Padded cooler lid -- makes it difficult to load as it does not fully open straight up.
    2. Love the slam latches & built in bow nav lights
    3. Absolutely Atlas hydraulic jack plate
    4. I went with 4 bank dual pro 15A per bank chgr
    5. Humminbird Helix have much better side imaging from personal experience. I use two Echomap Ultras (one at bow for Livescope & one at console for mapping & multiple depth shading for the lakes). They both have their place.
    6. Livescope is a game changer, BUT it take time & effort to dial in & get use to.
    7. You will need the trailer hitch extension for the TrickStep or expect damage to vehicle.

Great choice on boat!
    For the trickstep that comes from factory on trailer I haven't seen the need for an extension. I can about jackknife and still have 6" from the bumper.

The padded cooler lid is nice if you are going to kneel on it to dig into tackle storage, usually i end up sitting on the lid when I rig tackle.

7. Member
    Tell em you want a tempest 24p prop if you go merc lol! Oh and def add the extra bilge and upgrade the wiring

8. Member
    Definitely a jack plate bobs or atlas !
    Shimano and Gloomis kick @ss, 17 Phoenix 919 225 Merc

9. Member
    My thoughts...

1. Yes on Dual Dash Shroud if there is any chance you will want 2 units at dash.
    2. The Integrated Wiring System is nice, but you can also add you own (not sure what upgrade cost is) relatively cheap.
    3. I don't have the built in bow lights, wish I did.
    4. Not sure what this is, unless its really cheap, I'd pass.
    5. Have the Smartcraft on mine, wouldn't pay for it as an option.
    6. Yes on the padded cooler lid if you think you will sit on it, otherwise no.
    7. Charger is always a good choice.
    8. Yes, but make sure the Trick Step isn't going to hit your vehicle on hard turns.
    9. TM is your choice, I have an Ultrex, probably wouldn't spend more money for a trolling motor that hasn't been on the market that long.
    10. Yes, I have 12" Helix at bow and console getting ready to add a 9" Helix at the Bow to assist with Mega 360.
    12. I don't know anything about the Livescope transducer, so no comment.

Things I currently have and will definitely have on the next one.
    21. Shocks on the trailer, cheap and really help IMHO.
    22. Hydraulic Jackplate (take your pick of Atlas or Bob's)

10. Smallmouth Junkie!
    100% agree with others on the trailer shocks. You will be glad you got them. The paddock cooler lid it isn’t really for sitting o. It is more for kneeling on. My cooler lid is not padded and I really wish it was, It would save my knees.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

11. Member
    Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions, will definitely be adding the hydraulic jackplate and an extra bilge pump and am considering the other options mentions that I hadn't thought of previously. I appreciate everyone's help.

12. Member
    I don't know if they are offering the trailer shocks anymore as my trailer did not even have the mounts. mine pulls easy and rides smooth, don't see much need for a shock. never had them before in the last 50 years of boat trailers so why now? I say this and I did think about getting them but was told to buy the shocks myself afterwards as all the trailers came with mounts. Well that isnt the case now. Maybe just the trailers with the big wheels come that way now. I like the look of those wheels but the price of that tire and the chance of curbing the wheel is high. Makes no sense on a trailer.

13. Member
    Just go ahead and order new wheel seals and some buddy bearings model 1980SS as the vault hubs are junk. Two trips and one of mine is already leaking. They will be going in the garbage soon!

14. Member
    10" or 12" atlas on a 721?

15. Member
    I ordered mine with 12 for top end but it will hurt the hole shot some compared to 10"

16. Member
    Padded front deck, 2nd bilge pump! Mercury will probably be best with a 12" from what I've heard, Yamaha has a little extra length in the mounts - 10" equals a 12" is what as been said on here.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4