Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose720 View Post
    My HVAC will squeal when the filter gets to dirty. Don't know why is does it but it reminds me when I need to change it. I change the filter, it stops squealing.
    Same thing happens when a baby needs diaper changed. Don't know about goats though. See earlier thread.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

2. Member
    Do you have a wired doorbell? Have you changed it out lately or put anything in the attic close to the small transformer? We usually take the wired ones out on the houses we flip. When my guys stuff the wires back through the hole or don’t take the transformers out, they make some really weird noises. We spent a good bit of time several times trying to track down a buzzing or hmm, both times it was the old door bell transformer.

If not, best reply I’ve seen is shut the entire power off and see if you hear. Then turn the water off at road and see if you hear. Etc.
    Last edited by weim hunter; 08-08-2020 at 09:31 PM.

3. Member
    Pretty solid guess. Do many residential lights have ballast anymore though? I’ve only seen them in shop type 4’ florescent lights in recent years I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Astyle954 View Post
    Could be a ballast in a light doing too.

4. Member
    The pig-tail fluorescent bulbs will buzz when they are going out.

5. Member
    Turn power off at main. see if it stops, if not turn off all utilities feeding house until you pinpoint it.

6. Member
    My heat and air in the attic makes a soft of buzzing sond, but I can't hear it in the entire house, only when I'm by the return air. I've also heard it since it was new 20 years ago. I like the idea of using the breakers to narrow it down.

7. Member
    If it is still there after you cut the power to the house my top two picks are, wasps / hornets in the walls or smoke / co2 detector. The only other possible choice would be some type of battery controlled device.

If none of the above vacate the house fast. Just joking.

8. Member

Something similar happened at my parents house when someone would flush a toilet in any of the bathrooms. A high pitched screetch or squeal could be heard in their powder room. It ended up that the water shutoff for the toilet in the powder room needed to be turned on/opened more.

10. Member
    How old are you and your wife? I’m asking because eventually you won’t be able to hear high pitch sounds.

11. Member
    if you have a schwin airdyne exercise bike, the batteries need changing. mine liked to have driven me batty before I narrowed it down.

12. Member
    Anti syphon device on hose bib will squeal like crazy sometimes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123