mikesxpress

That is one bad thing about this river. If it isn’t trees, washing machines, and mud, it’s the nasty stuff that runs in to it. I wonder what those levels are along the way as the water flows towards the bay.
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

3. Member
    I've heard it's bad. I've talked to a couple of guys that live on the VA side and they are telling me the things washing up and I couldn't believe it.

4. mikesxpress

This stuff has been going on since they built Washington DC and the Anacostia was used as the sewage discharge into the Potomac. A few centuries later, it's went from a cesspool wasteland to a much improved watershed. There are PCBs and other contaminants our forefathers left us that will never be removed. Whenever it floods in the DC metropolitan area this happens but they are working on a containment program.

In the meantime, what's a small floater between friends?

5. mikesxpress
    Here is the info on the 4 tunnels they are working on to eliminate the waste overflow.
    Includes Blue Plains.

https://www.dcwater.com/projects/ana...tunnel-project

I need to follow the local news more. I had no idea they have been working on that. Now all we need is a miracle milfoil pill for the river and we'll be all set.
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS