Anita 8-8 fishing report.

So I got on the water at the main boat ramp by 5:35am. First thing I noticed is the lake is probably about 18” low. Then instead of starting to fish my way out to the main lake I decided to go straight to the southwest corner and fish the main rock point. I was able to get one 14” bass on a buzz bait then a few 15” on a spinner bait. Good start I thought then it just got tougher the rest of the morning Lol. I got on some other rocky structure and was able to stick couple more line scratchers with a black 7” Berkeley power warm on a 5/16 shakey head. I got off the water about 11am as I have to go to a wedding later today :-( not sure Who the people even are but my wife knows them. The water temp was upper 70* I would call the water Color normal Iowa August lake water. It was a fun morning few other boat/campers fishing. I never saw anybody else catch a fish.... does anybody have a Viking report? I’ve only been there one time and it was 7/8’ft low still, little trick to get the boat in.

2. Member
    Sorry I started northwest main lake rocky point.

3. Banned
    I was out on Anita for another club tournament today and took 3rd with 10.82lbs. 1st had 11.22 and 2nd was 11.14 if I remember correctly. Honestly, we should've won but we lost 2 nice fish, 1 being 3-4lbs and 1 a high 2lbr which would've given us a 3/4lb cull. Since I'm done on Anita for the year, all I was doing the last 2 tournaments there the last 2 weeks was punching the pads.

Anita is tough with no weed growth. Normally there are weeds out to 17ft or so on a normal year. If the weeds were existent this year, I'd say it would've taken 13-15lbs to have won the tournaments

4. Member
    Cool thanks for letting us know how you caught them. I have tried punching there but never had much luck my self. I seem to lose Focus and patience when I don’t get bites punching those pads.... I do see the pads there in the summer and I always say “there’s got to be some big fish that live underneath them all summer long”. I can flip trees, docks, ect but I struggle to work those pads over like I should.

5. Banned
    "There must be big fish living under those pads all year" was my though as well. I feel it's easier to find a big bite in the pads vs the brush piles that get hit 50 times a weekend. Toughest thing is finding the subtle differences in the pads to find where they group up.

Gotta throw a big swimbait around those brush piles. I promise you, they will come out and get it.