Newbie help needed - Garmin 93sv maps and ActiveCaptain - missing hazards in maps

Hey guys,

It's not for a bass boat, and the subject isn't fishing related, but you guys seem to have one of the most clued-in forums when it comes to marine GPSes so am hoping to find some help.

After wading through the confusion of 'specialty' GPSes for marine use, even though it's for an old cruiser (98 270 Sundancer), I wound up going with an EchoMap UHD 93sv, primarily because there are some shallow spots in the lake we're slipped in.

I seem to be having a number of challenges here, but primarily I know the data exists, and is even in Garmin/Navionics free maps online, or in the ActiveCaptain maps in web mode without even logging in, but I am missing basic hazard buoys and hazard indications/info across both the AC App and on the GPS itself - which is pretty worthless. I've enabled ActiveCaptain community content, and gone through as many settings as I think I can find, both in the AC app and on the unit, without luck so far. Anything obvious I'm missing here?

Check the hazard buoys on both Navionics and Garmin AC online maps below (Navionics first, then Garmin AC online):

Both hazard buoys are there.
    In the AC app, where I have registered:

And finally, on the GPS:

Out of this we seemingly can see Navionics info mostly is brought into Garmin's LakeVu G3 maps, although there's still stuff missing which I would have thought would be updated via ActiveCommunity or something (there's a big rock 3-4' under the surface elsewhere on the lake called out in Navionics, nada on Garmin..), but - where the heck are my hazard buoys?

I usually use the GPS in finishing map mode, as well, Nav mode doesn't seem to even honor my custom depth shading except if I add Active Countours, then it color-codes them...only, making it a complete mess. I've removed custom depth shading in the above shots to most closely match the online views, but have ActiveCommunity local info enabled, max chart detail etc.

Am I missing something simple somewhere? (I hope!)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rtp; 08-08-2020 at 01:52 PM.

2. Member
    Hopefully fixed images now..

3. Member
    Was it a setting?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    Still not sorted. Finally managed to get a 'simpler' email into Garmin and going to try to call them. (Their email system apparently just quietly does nothing if you have any hyperlinks in the message...while you also can't add attachments.. :-/ ).

5. Member
    Product.Support@garmin.com. You can include hyperlinks and add attachments.
    Also cartography@garmin.com. Same story.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    Definitely call them, they talked me through some mapping questions I had.
    I like Big Bass, I cannot lie

7. Member
    If you don't mind me asking, what did you find out? I have the same thing on my Garmin 106sv Echomap's. I had no issues with this on my Lowrance's.

8. Member
    I may be off base here, but on my gpsmap 76xx units with G3 maps (and card), there are way to many more settings.
    I noticed that when I had shading relief turned on, there were other details on the map that "disappeared".
    Things like roadbeds, channel markers, etc weren't showing.
    From the shading on your example that purple/blue fuzzy coloring is what shading relief uses.

Make sure you have relief shading (this is not depth range shading) turned off. Then set detail level to most.
    ><((((º>`·._ .·´¯><((((º>`·. _ .·´¯·. ><((((º>