help me with interpretation of these pics.

hope these pics upload right. went out this morning for the first time with my humminbird helix 7 msi gen3. can anyone with experience tell me what i am looking at on these pics. i certainly appreciate you taking time to help me with this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Since your model Humminbird uses a composite side image for its down imaging, I would suggest to not rely on it for useable down images. Use it's side imaging at a short range to get a better idea of whats on the bottom, and/or combine that with the 2d returns.

If you're set on a reliable down images, then you would be better off with a model that does that better.

Is this a very small lake or pond? There isnt much to see. Those couple images could be a stump or brush that appears on the last pic on side imaging.

There is a possible fish in pics 5 and 6

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    Since your model Humminbird uses a composite side image for its down imaging, I would suggest to not rely on it for useable down images. Use it's side imaging at a short range to get a better idea of whats on the bottom, and/or combine that with the 2d returns.

If you're set on a reliable down images, then you would be better off with a model that does that better.

Is this a very small lake or pond? There isnt much to see. Those couple images could be a stump or brush that appears on the last pic on side imaging.

There is a possible fish in pics 5 and 6
    I have similar low quality issues with my down imaging than I do with side imaging on my helix 5 gps g2. I just upgraded to the HD XHS 9 HDSI 180 transducer and this didn't help. Is this due to the composite side/down imaging?

4. Member
    probably. though I seem to remember my Helix 5 SI having decent down images.