Spare prop storage

Does anyone have pics of how they are storing their spare prop in the bilge compartment?
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

2. Member
    Don’t have pictures but I would think behind the cranking battery since you don’t have a oil tank any more!!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    Don’t have pictures but I would think behind the cranking battery since you don’t have a oil tank any more!!
    No oil tank and I’m running lithium batteries. There should be plenty of space back there to keep a spare prop. They start building my boat on 8/10!
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randy_almeida View Post
    No oil tank and I’m running lithium batteries. There should be plenty of space back there to keep a spare prop. They start building my boat on 8/10!
    What lithium are you running and size, that's what i plan on doing also, just waiting on ordering my boat till i get some details straighten out.

5. Member
    What lithium are you running and size, that's what i plan on doing also, just waiting on ordering my boat till i get some details straighten out.
    I’m running Ionic batteries 125ah/50ah and a power pole charge.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randy_almeida View Post
    I’m running Ionic batteries 125ah/50ah and a power pole charge.
    Is that enough to get you a full hard day in on the water, i was thinking the 100 might be the way to go, but the 50 are a lot cheaper , is the 100 over kill??

7. Member
    Three 50s will be plenty. I had two on my Bass Cat Cougar and they were fine for regular fishing and tournaments where we weren’t fighting wind and rough water. I never killed them on a tough day, but it makes you very nervous to end a tournament day with less than 10% charge. Therefore, I switched to two 100s and never had another close call. Now I have to buy a third 100 for the new Caymas. I’ll have battery power for days now. Wish I had my 50s now.

8. Member
    Is that enough to get you a full hard day in on the water, i was thinking the 100 might be the way to go, but the 50 are a lot cheaper , is the 100 over kill??
    It all depends on where you fish. If you fish a lot of rivers with current then get the 100s. I’ve only come close to killing them twice. That was during practice days fishing 10–12 hours and using my trolling motor on high to cover water.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS