Thread: Leesville Lake

Leesville Lake

Has anyone fished Leesville Lake recently? I haven't been down there in 10 years or so fishing, thinking of giving another go at it. Last time we fished there was a ton of debris in the main channel of the lake making it hard to navigate certain areas. I've heard they have a barge that removes debris so I wonder if it has gotten any better.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I haven't fished Leesville Lake but late May was brutal for debris as it was in Smith Mtn. Lake. You are correct in that AEP does have a barge doing clean up and SML is pretty much pristine so I'd expect Leesville to be cleaned up by now also as it is much smaller. Charlie Taylor has an on-line fishing report and he hasn't included any recent warnings about debris. Sorry I can't tell you more detail than this.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

3. Member
    Ok thanks for the update! I know SML gets a lot more attention then Leesville does as far as clean up goes. I guess I can always give it a whirl and if its no good just head over to SML.