Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC

Launch Passes for Hartwell Lake

Became a full time resident in Anderson back in May (been vacationing here the past 9 years) and applied for the annual launch pass. Check sent back followed by a phone call stating the launch pass requirements were suspended at this time due to Covid. OK, don't see what the virus has to do with me launching but I figured OK if they don't want the money I'll use the launches.

So now my question is this.....and forgive my ignorance please.....are the passes for CORP launches and was this for just Hartwell or is it state wide? Reason I ask if it's state wide is, my friend moved to Conway around the same time and I told him about this and he said it must just be for Hartwell.

I just want to do the right thing, conform, get along and contribute the best i can to the area I now call "HOME".

The people are awesome and friendly around here too....with an occasional..."oh, another dam Yankee" comment.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

2. Member
    Corp passes are nation wide for any corp lake. YOu might take a trip to the nearest main office and get one.
    If you are 62 or older, you can get a lifetime pass for a lot less than the normal yearly pass. Mine was $10 for lifetime.

3. Member
    Did you get your lakefront lot? I think it was up the Tugaloo near beaverdam creek.

4. Member
    Thanks for the reply John. We'll have to get together now to go fishing sometime you are free. I'm retired now and have all the time with no commitments.

Yes, Right before "T16" buoy is a small cut with a single older dock on the point and you can see the house on the point-kinda odd shaped peak. Our lot and refurbished dock is the next one in to the right of it. There's 26' depth +/- in front of our dock. House construction just started with poured footers.

As for the launch pass on a Corp lake; the small local lake back in Pa I fished was a corp lake and the locals advocated for years to have a fee based usage of the lake both for launching and park use but the corp guys I spoke to said they couldn't because it was a corp lake and not a county etc. lake.

And the fella that just called me stated they are not charging for passes now due to the virus. i'll check on that lifetime pass though, sounds like a good idea.
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

5. Member
    I was just up there yesterday morning. Launched at Gum Branch and fished up the Tugaloo, near I 85.

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I didn't think about giving you my educated map when you moved down. My son bought a house on the Seneca in 18 mile creek so I gave it to him. At least you can get to Waldrops by boat now. Good fishin on that side.

just curious ChampioNman, is there a corp pass for clarks hill? Would I have to get one at the corp office at the dam if there is. I/ve never seen this offered on line.
    Thanks

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Yep Corp pass is good for all lakes that they take care of nation wide. Don't know if the COE office is open on Hartwell or not. Hartwell, Russell and the Hill are all COE lakes as you know and are all part of the Savannah district. Worth the $$ for sure.

But it's only for corp maintained ramps, correct ? Don't know how familiar you re with the Hill & Murray. I was looking into ramps like Dorn on the Carolina side & Say wildwood park on the Ga side. If I remember correctly, Wildwood is owned or maintained by Columbia county. So my question is how would one know what ramps are corp ramps. I know Dreher park is a state park but that's the only one that comes to mind on Murray. I'm sure there are others but can't think of any. I know of a lot of ramps on Murray & the hill but most are privately owned such as marinas. I looked at the list of corp lakes but Dorn was not on that list. Maybe that is owned or maintained by by McCormick county. Hope this makes sense of some kind,

10. Member
    That's correct, only Corp ramps. Other ramps you may have to pay.
    The permits are for the ramps. Corp lakes themselves are free.

11. Member
    And keep in mind what I stated earlier; the corp is forgiving all launch passes at this point due to the virus.
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

12. Member
    Waldrops by boat??
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

13. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Yep T-10 and into the ramp. A short walk.

14. Member
    Oh Ok...yep a short walk but you are leaving your boat unattended and tied to the dock while gone that distance. The ramp entrance is closed right now.
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P