Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

920 Elite 250 4S prop selection

What would be the best prop for holeshot and handling for mercury 250 pro xs 4 stroke? Not worried about top speed since lakes I fish are usually rough as hell. Thank you.
    Last edited by Nickstanislaus; 08-08-2020 at 06:36 AM.

So far I'm really pleased with my Fury 25 four blade. I'm running it really high with great hole shot and it will turn on a dime. I lower it when the water is rough. I'm running at 17 on Atlas which is probably 2 1/2" to 2" below the pad and turning it 5950 and getting 72 to 74 mph depending on load and conditions. my 24 Fury three blade is a little faster but not as quick. I've heard they sling ears but I've been running Fury 3's and 4's for about 4 years without a problem.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    So far I'm really pleased with my Fury 25 four blade. I'm running it really high with great hole shot and it will turn on a dime. I lower it when the water is rough. I'm running at 17 on Atlas which is probably 2 1/2" to 2" below the pad and turning it 5950 and getting 72 to 74 mph depending on load and conditions. my 24 Fury three blade is a little faster but not as quick. I've heard they sling ears but I've been running Fury 3's and 4's for about 4 years without a problem.
    Thanks for the info! Are you running the same boat and motor by chance? I don't have a hydraulic jackplate. I have heard good things about the Fury 25 four blade though. May be the route I go. Thank you again.

4. Member
    So some say you gotta turn the 4s around 6100 to get full use of power, prop man told me that 5980 close to 6k was enough with my fury. Very confusing on which way to go here for me, I always thought you wanted to prop to max rpms for the powerhead to last so there is no lugging. I guess the fourstroke makes plenty of power at 6k according to them to not have to do that. I happy with the speeds I am getting with the fury but I hate how I cant run the jp very high like I could with tempest on a 201 hull. I feel like this boat would fly with a 24 temp worked but the 4s is a different animal.

5. Member
    I am running the 20 PHX with same motor as you. I have run the 24 Fury 3 blade (6000 RPM), 23 Fury 3 blade (6200 RPM) and the 25 Bravo 1 XS (6150 RPM). I finally decided on the 23 Fury 3 blade. Best holeshot, gets me to 6200 rpms and is fun to drive in all rpm ranges. The Bravo is a close second and is better in rough water but it takes a little of the sportiness out of the feel and is a little slower out of the hole. I have all 2 of the 3 holes plugged on the 23.

6. Member
    do you have more speed at 6200 with the 23 over the 24 6000?

I'm running a 920 Elite with a Merc 250 four stroke. I'm running the jack plate high with the Fury 25 four blade to get the rpm's and speed up. I'm at 5950 in the summer heat so this winter I'll probably have to move it down a little.

8. Member
    What kind of speed at 5950 with the 25 fury 4 blade

9. Member
    920 elite Merc 250 proxs 4 stroke twin poles lithium batteries total of 2 batteries for a totally weight of 60 lbs .all fishing tackle 1 person 3/4 to full fuel running a fury 25 3 blade balanced and blueprinted the hole shot I feel is good handling is good topend 76 to 77 seems to be about the same top end with livewells full only running 5800 rpm ran a 26 fury 3 hole shot not as good it's ok with wells empty but wells full a little sluggish out of the hole top end about 1 mph faster but only at 5600 rpm.bi did try a 24 fury briefly I didn't give it enough time before I traded to the 25 now I wish I would have put more time in the 24 to see what it can do . I really want to try a 24 or 25 tempest don't know which one and don't really want to waste another 600 for trial and error . Hope this helps

10. Member
    So you're saying you can turn a 25 fury with all that load and run 77? With a fourstroke.....

11. Member
    Yes at 5800 rpm don't forget I have 1 36 volt lithium battery for tm that at 33 lbs and 1 12 volt battery lithium for starting battery at 26 lbs I am 200 lbs less than your standard set up

12. Member
    Also have a 12 inch atlas

13. Member
    I have a 12 inch as well. Some tell me I need to turn 6100 plus with less pitch some say the 4 stroke makes plenty of power @ 5900. Too many differences here I am hearing. I think I am gonna have to try the tempest and some other props. Not happy with the fury the way it is. If it wanted to turn the rpms on the top end and would run out more I could deal with the hole shot being as bad as it is but I don't wanna loose on both ends.

14. Member
    Now you guys have my head spinning! Good info from what has been stated. Appreciate it.

15. Member
    I'm going to try a tempest 25 as soon as I get my hands on one . I'm happy with my hole shot and my top end with the 25 fury the only thing that bothers me is the rpm what if I turn 6k or better . Like you I was told that I should be running more rpm I was also told by a prop man that a 25 tempest should turn 200 more rpm that a 25 fury I will see

16. Member
    Yeah I cannot decide on a 24 or 25 tempest but i really have had good success with the tempest on stratos hulls so I feel it will perform on the 721 with the right pitch.

17. Member
    My boat came with a 24 fury I did the break in with the 24 then opened it up I ran 5950 at 74.5 too end so I traded my dealer back the 24 for a 26 since I already had a 25 on hand so I don't think the lower pitch will help me for speed I felt that the hole shot difference wasn't noticable between the 2 this is why I'm leaning towards the 25 tempest but if I do get more rpm will I get more speed I don't know. Again you have a different set up 721 vs 920 plus I don't know the weight diff with gear batteries ECT. I will keep you posted so far I can't find a 25 tempest all backorder

18. Member
    O one more bit of info I brought my boat back to the dealer to verify that I was getting wot since the only way to tell with these motors is to plug it into the computer they verified 100 per throttle. Now I hearing the only way to really know under a load ECT is to have it plugged in while running it out on the water so at this point idk

19. Member
    No. About the same speed but the boat and engine just feels more lively.

20. Member
    Sorry. That was sent in response to Travis's post awhile back in this thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast