Alumacraft Restoration: "Before"

I'm new here; glad to find this community.

Well, I'm diving into getting this little thing up and running again. It belonged to my grandfather and came to me when he died. Been sitting awhile. I have a six-year-old son who I'd love to get out on it.

It's not in quite as bad of shape as others I've seen, so I'm hopeful this will be a project I can handle and will be worth the time and effort. Here are some "before" pictures. I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas. Current plan is complete rewire, motor overhaul, new pumps, deep clean all surfaces and carpeting (might need to replace). Hopefully I don't run into too many more problems (or create some on my own!).

IMG_6369.jpgIMG_6370.jpgIMG_6375.jpgIMG_6372.jpgIMG_6387.jpgIMG_6393.jpg
    Last edited by nman1517; 08-07-2020 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Photos

2. Member
    Nice little boat you have there, sounds like you have a good starting plan!

New carpet is a must, that alone will be a huge improvement. I would also upgrade the fish finders, there are some good cheap options available.
    And don't forget to do trailer wheel bearings if it's been sitting a long time!

3. Member
    I had a 17 alum a craft hat was a great boat. Similar to yours. 50hp OMC. Miss that one!
    90 Shadow 20' Mod V w/ 200 Merc - Total resto and loving it!
    Here's my build from cap-off to boat in the water.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=336645

4. Member
    Looking forward to following your restoration. Keep posting pics. +1 on new carpet. That will make a BIG difference.

5. Member
    your going to love it when your done, going thru something similar , only mine is trashed much worse. will be following, check out the 1999 tracker re mod in restorations. maybe we can steel ideas off each other, and im hoping the community will be a blessing to both! a lot of experience out there.

good luck N man!