Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crappielabrador View Post
    I know these motors are fairly new, but do you think they will be durable for the long haul, since I usually keep my boats generally over a decade.
    You are asking for an opinion as to how their durability will be long term. Of course, those of us who own them and plan on keeping them are hoping they will last. But nobody can predict. If you are looking for a track record of long term reliability, the Suzuki that you mentioned is a very good bet. At only 25-30 hours a year like you do, I would be willing to take a chance on the Mercury. If you buy it during spring promo, you can get 5 years of warranty, and, you can negotiate to upgrade to Platinum and extend it out another 3 years so a total of 8 years of warranty. Mine has been perfect for two seasons.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    I like mine, but wish it was quiet like the verado.
    ^^this^^
    I have a 200 hp, and I love it so far, Who knows about reliability because they are still very new. Lots of people like the sound, but I would prefer it was quieter.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    ^^this^^
    I have a 200 hp, and I love it so far, Who knows about reliability because they are still very new. Lots of people like the sound, but I would prefer it was quieter.
    I'm the same way about the sound I like them quite. The sound on the Merc does seem to go down some after about a minute of idle. My last Suzuki 175HP was so quite that a couple times I left it running idle for a few minutes by accident, and didn't realize it was still running.

4. Member
    I'm currently running an old ox66 yammy and am strongly considering hanging one of these new 250proxs off the back.. What do they run these days with rigging and controls?

Motor is like $18k, controls 3k, rigging is 2k?

5. Member
    This shift solenoid issue is the one I have seen the most noise about lately, assume they had a bad batch

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionDon View Post
    88 on mine and the shift solenoid went out and was an easy fix, that part was on recall but mine was out of serial # range. Other than that have had 2 of them and this is my second one, they are strong and love the way it sounds when it fires up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12