21 XRS WITH MERCURY 250 PRO XS

i need some help please. i have a 2018 XRS with a mercury 250 proxs on it and a 14" atlas jackplate i have been running a bravo1 27p 4 blade prop on it since i got it. but recently i broke a blade off of it and put on a trophy 27p 3 blade . it absolutely is night and day from the hole shot. it spins out as soon as the boat starts jump up on plane and i have to back off and slowly accelerate to get it on plane , i moved the jackplate up to two inches above pad to as little as 1/2 inch and it still wont keep its grip.

i never had a problem with the four blade so it seems kinda odd it would just do it on a three blade wqith the same pitch

is this cavitation? had a mechanic tell me before that the spot where i have the transducers could cause that. that sound right to anyone? can i get a few pics of where you guys have your transducers mounted to see if i need to move mine ?

any help would be appreciated. if i didnt explain something right please ask im new to this prop change and cavitation stuff, thanks

2. Member
    A Trophy is a 4 blade prop. Is it a Tempest? Changing the style of prop can definitely cause cavitation issues on holeshot and if the transducer was the problem it would have been a problem with the Bravo IMO. The simplest solution to your problem will be to find another Bravo if you were happy with that prop.

3. Member
    I've had 3 26p TXP ot4 props and every one of them runs different. First one slipped like hell on the holeshot but ran like an ape, second slipped and surged horribly, the one I have now barely slips at break over. All the same brand, same model, same pitch, all run differently.

So yeah, going from a 4 blade to a 3 blade of the same pitch is almost always going to be different. You need another 4 blade most likely. I'm not one to suggest what 4 blade and most people here suggest bravos and I don't like anything at all about my bravo.

4. Member
    yea . i believe i will find another bravo and go with that. thanks for the advice adam and jennin

5. Member
    Any trophy I ever had ran like that coming out of the hole , but like said already trophy props have 4 blades , the trophy and tempest props in my opinion are paper weights there are way better props out there. I run a 28 bravo most of the time it never has cavitation and comes out of the hole like a raped ape , go bravo
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO