Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I agree, the OEM pumps where I live seem to be over 800 and the rebuild kits are 90 each kit and I would need both I assume.

2. Member
    I actually used one of those amazon kits myself. If I remember correctly I think the oem kits were about 120ish compared to 30 or 40 from Amazon. I was a touch hesitant but figured if I didn't like what I saw id send back the Amazon kit and get the oem. After comparing the parts that came out of the pump side by side to the Amazon kit I honestly couldn't tell the difference. But i also can't say im a trained professional by any means. I can say though it's working fine so far. The origanal components in the pump lasted 30 years. So if I get half of that for $40 I'll be more than happy.

3. Member
    For sure. I am going to bypass the fuel transducer, just to confirm that is not the problem. If not I will order the kit and give it a go. I will go OEM as it is not a big hit on price.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prawntrap View Post
    For sure. I am going to bypass the fuel transducer, just to confirm that is not the problem. If not I will order the kit and give it a go. I will go OEM as it is not a big hit on price.

5. Member
    I bypassed the fuel transducer and that was not the problem, so going to order the kit.

6. Member
    An update. Decided to order the OEM VRO/OMS pump. Installed yesterday and the smoke is definitely less! I would say it is visually the same as the other engine. Will monitor oil consumption to see if it is the same as other engine, but I think the replacement has fixed the overoiling/smoking problem. Thanks for all the inputs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12