Top Tier Gasoline

Thought you might find interesting.

https://www.toptiergas.com/licensed-brands/

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Interesting. Thanks for posting. I do wonder whether they capture all the very localized operations, but if we read and stick with the biggies on this list, the ones that have stations across the county, we probably have a good chance of getting good fuel.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Very good info. I didn't know anything about Top Tier till a couple years ago, friend told me. I put nothing but Top Tier in my tow rig and Ranger.

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

4. Member
    Well, to be truthful with you guys, I work for one of those major oil companies I posted. Most all the base gasoline you buy are the same. It’s commingled in a large tank at a product terminal delivered through common carrier pipeline systems. The main difference is the additives that are injected into the gasoline as it is loaded on the transport before it is delivered to your gas station. Each company has their own proprietary additive that is blended into the gas at the product terminal, not at the refinery. Also, ethanol is blended as it’s loaded on the transport as well, not at the refinery.

Now if you live close by one of these major refineries, it might be that your gas comes straight from that refinery storage tank to your gas station. But, most of you will be getting gasoline that was delivered via a pipeline into a tank with other companies gasoline’s.

Most all the gasoline you buy comes from one of major oil companies, with the major difference the additive pack injected right before it gets loaded on the transport trailer. But, their are still a few independent refiners in the US and many of those still deliver that gasoline to the terminal into the same tank as the major oil companies.

But, with all that I would still recommend that you buy your gas at one of these major top tier stations as the additives injected and quality control of the gas from the refinery to your gas tank is a higher quality from the proprietary additives and the QC that goes into making sure it stored and delivered in a proper manner to your vehicle. The gas you buy at Walmart, etc might be the same gas but not have the additives the major top tier companies use.

Stay way from the ran down no name stations, some buy transmix off spec gasoline, rare but has happened.

in summary, most all the gas you buy is the same with exception of the different additives. Just stick with one of these and you will be fine.

5. Member
    When I had my boat, I only put ethanol free gasoline in it even tho the manual said blended gases were fine.

As for my automobiles, Costco it is as its the cheapest around and its also Top Tier.
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

6. Member
    I am particular with my 250 SHO, mid grade Ethanol free. It's not "Top Tier" branded where we are, but I figure it's better than 10% ethanol blend.
    My F-150 with it's 3.5 Eco gets a steady diet of Kroger regular with some occasional Costco mixed in.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    I am particular with my 250 SHO, mid grade Ethanol free. It's not "Top Tier" branded where we are, but I figure it's better than 10% ethanol blend.
    My F-150 with it's 3.5 Eco gets a steady diet of Kroger regular with some occasional Costco mixed in.
    Absolutely nothing wrong with using 10% ethanol in your boat.

8. Member
    I have been telling people about Top Tier Branded Gasoline for years and they look at me like I'm crazy...
    Glad to see I'm not the only one on the buss

9. mikesxpress
    Costco
    They move more gasoline than truck stops.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RGK456 View Post
    Well, to be truthful with you guys, I work for one of those major oil companies I posted. Most all the base gasoline you buy are the same. It’s commingled in a large tank at a product terminal delivered through common carrier pipeline systems. The main difference is the additives that are injected into the gasoline as it is loaded on the transport before it is delivered to your gas station. Each company has their own proprietary additive that is blended into the gas at the product terminal, not at the refinery. Also, ethanol is blended as it’s loaded on the transport as well, not at the refinery.

Now if you live close by one of these major refineries, it might be that your gas comes straight from that refinery storage tank to your gas station. But, most of you will be getting gasoline that was delivered via a pipeline into a tank with other companies gasoline’s.

Most all the gasoline you buy comes from one of major oil companies, with the major difference the additive pack injected right before it gets loaded on the transport trailer. But, their are still a few independent refiners in the US and many of those still deliver that gasoline to the terminal into the same tank as the major oil companies.

But, with all that I would still recommend that you buy your gas at one of these major top tier stations as the additives injected and quality control of the gas from the refinery to your gas tank is a higher quality from the proprietary additives and the QC that goes into making sure it stored and delivered in a proper manner to your vehicle. The gas you buy at Walmart, etc might be the same gas but not have the additives the major top tier companies use.

Stay way from the ran down no name stations, some buy transmix off spec gasoline, rare but has happened.

in summary, most all the gas you buy is the same with exception of the different additives. Just stick with one of these and you will be fine.
    Would you rather top tier gas or ethanol free gas? I use Costco top tier gas in all of our cars but with my boat I have been searching for ethanol free, only Murphy and Racetrac have ethanol free locally... certainly not top tier.

Quote Originally Posted by kcinnick View Post
    Would you rather top tier gas or ethanol free gas? I use Costco top tier gas in all of our cars but with my boat I have been searching for ethanol free, only Murphy and Racetrac have ethanol free locally... certainly not top tier.
    I live at the lake and most stations have Ethanol free, but not Top Tier. I run 87 Octane Top Tier. But, am on the water 3 days a week so always have fresh fuel in the tank.

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.