Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

perspective vs. forward?

Just got my new to me LiveScope setup, which mode has the best image? So far only played with perspective mode. Still learning the system and setting but no as clear of images as I’ve seen videos of.

2. Member
    Its really 2 different applications. I find myself rotating between the two alot depending on what I am doing. And i rarely use forward view in water under 6 feet

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbass2 View Post
    Its really 2 different applications. I find myself rotating between the two alot depending on what I am doing. And i rarely use forward view in water under 6 feet
    Do you need 2 transducers to do this?
    I like Big Bass, I cannot lie

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Williep99 View Post
    Do you need 2 transducers to do this?
    No
    You just need the perspective mount for transducer

5. Member
    If you calibrate your compass, then your unit can determine the orientation of the transducer and you just spin the transducer (You need the perspective mount) to the mode you want. When you put the transducer in the water, the unit automatically goes into forward or perspective mode.

6. Member
    My compass is not calibrated and the system knows which position the transducer is in. If you calibrate the compass in forward then switch to perspective and back to forward you have to calibrate it again. Useless feature if you have both forward and perspective

Backlash. Use and learn the forward view. It is most use full and impressive mode for most.

Perspective is a gimmick (to ME) and not usefull.

Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    Backlash. Use and learn the forward view. It is most use full and impressive mode for most.

perfect, I’ll spend some time checking out forward.

9. Member
    Why do you think it is a gimmick? Im not being critical of your comment but just curious. Im still trying to figure out which mode I want to fish with the most. Also I have not tried to calibrate the compass and go back and forth to see if I have to calibrate it again. If you have to than I agree that it would not be a very useful feature. It would be like having to calibrate your trolling motor every time.

Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post

10. Member
    If I had it to do over again I never would have updated to the Perspective View update. It really messed up my Livescope forward view back in March, it is better now but nowhere near as good as it once was.

I agree with MonteSS on the gimmick comment for Perspective View. Seems to be more of a jab at HB 360 but not a very clear picture and only useable in very shallow water at best from what I've seen. And I've looked at allot of videos. Nowhere near as useful to my style of fishing. A terrible mistake by Garmin IMO that has really hurt Livescope.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    If I had it to do over again I never would have updated to the Perspective View update. It really messed up my Livescope forward view back in March, it is better now but nowhere near as good as it once was.

I agree with MonteSS on the gimmick comment for Perspective View. Seems to be more of a jab at HB 360 but not a very clear picture and only useable in very shallow water at best from what I've seen. And I've looked at allot of videos. Nowhere near as useful to my style of fishing. A terrible mistake by Garmin IMO that has really hurt Livescope.
    Not everyone fishes the same way, on the same water or for the same species. Technology only improves when more people buy and use it. Expanding the features of LS so that more people find it useful is a good thing. They’ve had some bad updates. So has HB and every other company out there dealing with software.

They’ll work out the kinks eventually. You don’t have to update and you can easily roll back until then.

12. Member
    Sorry but rolling back doesn't fix everything for all of us.
    Perspective View is not for me, neither is HB360.
    Your right about all.manufacturers having put out some bad updates.
    Really don't think Garmin expanded technology here so much with Perspective View but was just trying to get a leg up on it's competition which is all good until it wrecks your core product that was by far superior than anything else on the market.
    Back to the question here, perspective or forward. No doubt in my mind which one is more useful. Nothing perspective view shows me that I can't see better and get more information from quickly by rotating my transducer in forward view. A blind man can see that for himself. :)

13. Member
    Amen Royt

14. Member
    I like perspective for fishing rocks. You can see where bigger rock is, see where the rock transition is or thicker parts of the piles. Lay downs it's cool also.

15. Member
    Unreal that In a thread like this some people have to bring in the update. Like there isn't 457 other threads talking about the update. To answer the posters question. I think they are both useful. And I am really happy with the performance of both.

16. Member
    I can track my lures in shallow water 1000x easier with perspective mode. I point my transducer in one direction and the depth I know that lure runs and am able to watch the lure without having toove the livescope at all

17. Member
    Unreal, lol.
    I'm glad some find perspective view useful. Again not useful to me and my style of fishing as I stated above.
    Sorry you don't like hearing about problems since the Perspective View update but definitely when all the issues with forward view started.
    Too bad Garmin decided to combine them in one transducer.

18. Member
    Lmao... Ok pal....if you think it's cool to hijack all threads and talk about your complaint have at er pal!!! I think the poster was trying to get some info on the 2 different views.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    Unreal, lol.
    I'm glad some find perspective view useful. Again not useful to me and my style of fishing as I stated above.
    Sorry you don't like hearing about problems since the Perspective View update but definitely when all the issues with forward view started.
    Too bad Garmin decided to combine them in one transducer.

I think their point is that we all know of the issues. Wasn’t what the OP was asking about. Garmin will get it fixed and when they do it will become even more popular. That’s a good thing.

Zero reason to have a separate transducer. If they did that then people would be complaining that they have to buy it separately. It’s just a matter of software and working out the kinks.

I've only had about 3-4 hours using my new setup and only used perspective view. Think most of that time just thinking it was my settings wasn't right or the wrong palate. Does someone have a "basic" settings link or video for perspective view? I'm getting better at what I'm looking at but its not "clear". Do like I can see and point the trolling motor to what I can make out as "something" and cast toward it. I'm sure you can do that same with forward view but in perspective you can cover more faster but with that said it seems to me the slower the better for making things out. I can make out fish and bait and see them moving but rocks, timber, brush isn't clear as I thought it would be. My daughter was swimming and she kept asking me what I was laughing at, as she looked like a frog on the screen. It will be a couple of weeks before I can check out forward view.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast