Question <Motorguide Xi5, NO LIGHTS. Have voltage at conections under cover

MotorGuide Xi5 Model No. 940800270 Serial No. 9D217906 24 volt
    Showing 26.6 volts through the connector cable and under cover

I bought this Trolling Motor from Cabelas about 2014 or 2015. When the Xi5's first came out. It has worked fine up until now! It worked last fall, 2019, and today I tried to use for the first time in 2020, Aug 6, 2020.
    It won't do anything. Fully deployed, pluged up.... No lights come on, even though it's getting 24 volts at the receptacle and at the two connects under neath the cover where the lights show. Remotes (pedal & FOB) do nothing even after new batteries. I tried to pair them again & they beep once but no second (2) beeps.
    What could be wrong? The closest service center is listed as Bass Pro in Memphis, Tn & I hate to take it there (75 miles away) plus I know I'll have to leave it for 2 or 3 weeks.
    I have unplugged it from the "network" 2 Lowrance HDS 2's which have not been updated in 2 years. Networked it doesn't even show up on the Lowrance screen anymore.
    Please Help!
    Ed Hood
    256-883-8615
    rebranger@gmail
    Last edited by REBRANGER; 08-09-2020 at 09:38 PM. Reason: add
    Best Regards & Happy Trails!
    Ed

2. Member
    First to get the obvious out of the way, was it fully deployed when you tried all of that? If so, try stowing and deploying several more times to see if that clears up an issue with the safety switch that prevents it from powering up when stowed. it’s a long shot but worth a try.

If that doesn’t fix it, then likely the control board is shot. If you can use a screwdriver, it’s pretty simple to replace if you can find a place to order a new one that has them in stock.

3. Member
    yes fully deployed
    Best Regards & Happy Trails!
    Ed

4. Member
    Could be controlboard or a bad sensor or that activates when motor is stored. It is a reed switch device That is attached to the control board