Looking for Honest review Force

I'm running a ghost right now, have had ultrex in past. I'm curious about Force as I am getting a new FXR next week. I'm thinking about transferring the ghost but wanted to get some feedback on garmin. I don't know anyone with one yet. Thanks all! I do run lowrance graphs and 1 garmin 126sv for livescope .

2. Member
    I'm about to pull the string on one. Couple guys on the trolling motor page have them ,but pretty quite so far.

3. Member
    Curious also in grass ?

4. Member
    It's going to be tough finding someone who's used both. I have the Force but no way to compare to Ghost except looking online. From what I've seen in online comparisons Force comes out ahead. Quieter and more powerful. Both were at iCAST last year. Force won.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

I’m going from the Ultrex to the Force on my New boat. I have used both of these.
    I Haven't used a Ghost. I imagine it has the same advantages as the Force. Longer run times, faster, quieter and the ability to use 24 or 36 volts.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

6. Member
    Never used a Ghost. i have a Force and love it.pulls my 19ft lund deep V totally full of storage and fuel and 3 people 4.6mph..can barely hear it run as well.all in all i love it to death..
    jerrysroadservice@gmail.com
    2017 Lund Pro V Bass 1875

7. Member
    I have used both quite a bit..... And I guess I like both over all. The Garmin is quieter in motor and turn motor both and I think it has more power...but not enough to be a decision maker. I like most everything about the Garmin motor and mount better......But really like the arrow on top of the Lowrance (when it doesn't hang up). The biggest thing I like about the Lowrance is the Foot pedal! It is way better than the Garmin. Steering feels better and buttons are in right location. The Garmin spot lock and N button are higher than the pedal, so I am constantly hitting the by accident. If I had the Garmin with Lowrance pedal it would be Awesome. I think you are good either way you go.....I am running my Garmin on 24v lithiums and it has more power than my 36V 112 ultrex.

I am also running the garmin on 24v on a z521. More power than my 36v minkota had. Grass is not up enough for me to test on yet. But so far this thing is a beast. I only am using 10% of my trolling battery on 5 hour evening trips.

9. Member
    I have the Force on my Tracker. I never had a "spot lock" sort of trolling motor before so take that into consideration. But i've spend thousands and thousands of dollars on hunting and fishing equipment in my life and as far as i'm concerned this is the best thing I've ever spent money on. It's changed my life as far as fishing goes. Aluminum gets blown badly as we all know but put this baby on spot lock and it will hold you forever. Last weekend was so rough that the trolling motor kept popping out of the water but it held us in place for 3 hours and never once got over 3 bars of power needed to do so. Battery was still over 80% when I got home also. ONLY complaint is that it may have to much power for my boat at times if I put it on 100 and accidentally do a 90 degree turn there's a chance i'm going out. It knocked me flat on my azz last week......lesson learned though, I just don't turn it so high. I hit 4.3 mph on it one day and that is running a 24 volt system. Just an honest review, I love it!

10. Member
    you can crank down sensitivity of the spot lock gain. 1 to 10 scale

11. Member
    I like my Force. I went from a Terrova. I have a 20' Crestliner and the 57" holds me as long as I want, and runs all day with a heavy loaded (5 battery boat), in as much wind as I care to fish in.