Ranger customer service and warranty

Do you really feel that there customer service and warranty have really gone downhill that much? I’m just asking. I haven’t had to use it or tried to call. Just concerns me about all the problems on here

It has not been the best the last few months. I believe it has a lot to do with the Coronavirus. Limited staff working. It will get back to normal eventually.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cgs1967! View Post
    It has not been the best the last few months. I believe it has a lot to do with the Coronavirus. Limited staff working. It will get back to normal eventually.
    In my business I see COVID has affected the supply chain for many manufactures. It is really difficult getting electrical equipment on schedule for our projects.

4. Moderator
    No! I really don't I have 3 Loomis NRX rods that need warrantied. When I called for the 1st one, I was on hold for over an hour. I literally put my phone down on speaker. Never got to talk to anyone. Called back 3 times and finally made contact. The rods are on backorder for 6-9 weeks. I also received a pair of defective BUBBA blade pliers. Crap as soon as I opened them. Was on hold forever and was later told that I need to be patient and they will be on contact with me. Been 2 months. Have 2 bass Mafia boxes with cracked latches. No response from them yet......It's just shitty times for sure. Look at all the fishing stores. Academy here has been low or sold out of almost everything all season long.....

5. Member
    It's tough to say for sure with the current Covid situation. Time will tell and things will hopefully get back to normal. For now, it's a wait and see....
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

6. Member
    Waked into BPS, Academy and Field&Stream today. Try to find a decent rod or reel, not available.

7. Member
    They made a Facebook post today about how their quality hasn’t changed, I commented about my list of QC issues and that my dealer has been waiting for a month for parts to resolve the QC issues with my new boat ... within hours they deleted their FB post, so that tells me that they’re aware that they have issues to resolve.

owning a 1992 ranger I have seen a decline in customer service over the last five years. More phones not being answered, messages returned in days instead of hours, more phone chains less persons to speak with and most important for me a loss of many long time employees that know Ranger history and are familiar with 20+ year old boats. Now this decline is not unique to Ranger and most companies have followed this pattern of downgrading their customer service. But Forrest held his employees to a higher standard and it showed. Ranger under Johnny and company is just another boat company, not the industry leader setting the standards.

9. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Making long-term consumer decisions based on short-term or moment-in-time observations is a guessing game. What was the parts and warranty situation last year? The year before that? 5 years ago? I can promise you that no one at White River Marine Group has intentionally sabotaged Ranger parts availability in the last 3 months, or any related customer service. The OP is apparently looking at new boats and would like some security that if he has a problem in the future, the manufacturer will take care of it. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could tell the future? I can’t, for sure, but my money is on Ranger to continue as a viable company, which is the first and biggest priority. If you think another bass boat manufacturer builds an equal or better boat and is more likely to provide service for another 15-20 years, maybe that company should be your choice.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

10. Member
    Ranger used to be a company that you knew you were paying a premium price for a premium product and service. You got value in superior service from the factory if you had a problem
    the problem is the MBA’s are squeezing every last cent that they can out of operations. In their mind they are not hurting the company, they are maximizing return on investment. What they do not understand is that people are willing to pay more for a premium product and service. Now that some customers are beginning to experience service and support that is sub-par doubt starts to creep into potential customers. For me the final straw that turned me away from Ranger was the closest long time dealer that was not Cabela’s stoped being a Ranger dealer. I tried to look at Rangers at the local Cabela’s. No one tried to help me and after 20 min of crawling all over 2 boats I left and went and put a deposit on a Vexus VX20.
    I bought my last boat from Cabela’s I did not want to do it again but I tried and I got exactly what I expected

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Making long-term consumer decisions based on short-term or moment-in-time observations is a guessing game. What was the parts and warranty situation last year? The year before that? 5 years ago? I can promise you that no one at White River Marine Group has intentionally sabotaged Ranger parts availability in the last 3 months, or any related customer service. The OP is apparently looking at new boats and would like some security that if he has a problem in the future, the manufacturer will take care of it. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could tell the future? I can’t, for sure, but my money is on Ranger to continue as a viable company, which is the first and biggest priority. If you think another bass boat manufacturer builds an equal or better boat and is more likely to provide service for another 15-20 years, maybe that company should be your choice.
    It's out there......having toured both factories I believe it's called Vexus.

Quote Originally Posted by davesz518 View Post

13. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davesz518 View Post
    They only have 50 years to go to catch up....
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio