Looking for owner reviews on new Pantera Classic

Hello

I am considering a new or like new Pantera Classic and looking for reviews from owners. What do you like and dislike? How does it ride and fish? How is the fit, finish and quality?

I appreciate and help in advance!

Thank You

Brian

2. Member
    I've had mine for 11 months now, and have loved it. Mine came with a 24p Fury 3 which would push it over 70mph but I switched to a 25p Bravo1 FS for better lift in the 40-55mph range, currently seeing 67+ in these hot summer months. Fit and finish is good as expected, my lockers are always dry after a hard rain or even after flooding the carpet while cleaning. I'd also recommend ordering one without the rear starboard cup holder as that is a great spot for a point one antenna. I had to make a special mount to place mine over that hole.

Roomy
    Way more storage than I need
    Huge bilge compartment door and opening
    Layout
    Wide at foot pedal

Dislikes:
    Compartment lid behind passenger seat kind of smashes rods when opened all the way, wish it had a shock on it
    Recirc pump is going to be tricky to get to whenever it goes out
    Last edited by CK11; 08-07-2020 at 11:24 AM.

3. Member
    I've only had mine a month but I'll share.

Hole shot is awesome.
    Still working on set up but with a 24 fury3 I should see the lower 70s.
    Ton, ton of storage space. I still have several empty compartments
    Fishes good with the trolling motor down. I have an 80lb ultrex and it moves the boat very well.
    Ride has been great. I've had a few people in the boat on some mildly choppy days and my coanglers have been very happy.
    Bilge is easy to access.

The cons.
    The rod locker in my experience doesn't fit ten rods with reels without a lot of arranging. I am storing 8 and can access them easily.
    Like CK11 said the passenger rods can get mashed by that compartment lid.
    I've had one issue with my a10 pad reading full fuel when the nav lights are on but I'm confident that it is an easy fix.

The 30 gal tank makes it feel like you are burning alot of fuel if you make long runs. The gauge is always moving. But I'm averaging over 4mpg so that's not bad.

4. Member
    I greatly appreciate both of your comments, sounds like an awesome boat!! I will be coming out of a Ranger Z519, it is too wide for garage at our new house.
    I have owned a few older classics and a 2013 P2, awesome boats.
    My only complaint was the decks were fairly narrow and the coolers were not great. Looks like the new classic addresses both of those.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstacks7 View Post
    I've only had mine a month but I'll share.

Hole shot is awesome.
    Still working on set up but with a 24 fury3 I should see the lower 70s.
    Ton, ton of storage space. I still have several empty compartments
    Fishes good with the trolling motor down. I have an 80lb ultrex and it moves the boat very well.
    Ride has been great. I've had a few people in the boat on some mildly choppy days and my coanglers have been very happy.
    Bilge is easy to access.

The cons.
    The rod locker in my experience doesn't fit ten rods with reels without a lot of arranging. I am storing 8 and can access them easily.
    Like CK11 said the passenger rods can get mashed by that compartment lid.
    I've had one issue with my a10 pad reading full fuel when the nav lights are on but I'm confident that it is an easy fix.

The 30 gal tank makes it feel like you are burning alot of fuel if you make long runs. The gauge is always moving. But I'm averaging over 4mpg so that's not bad.
    I took the rod tubes out of the middle rod locker and it holds a ton of rods much more easily.
    I agree on the passenger rods getting mashed by the lid. I broke a guide on one of my rods that way.

6. Member
    I love mine only have 2 cons

pros
    great hole shot
    great dry storage
    70-71mph boat ( I have an ultrex and 2’ poles)
    front deck is huge
    live well is huge
    console has plenty of leg room even with the hot foot
    back deck is spacious(for a 19ft)

cons
    passenger back deck lid can crush guides/rods
    location of recirc pump(I’m going to look into moving it)

7. Member
    I was curious if it would be ok to cut an access hole and put a cover on it like under the trolling motor to get to the pump easier? In the area colored yellow.
    Class1~2.jpg

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lostone View Post
    I was curious if it would be ok to cut an access hole and put a cover on it like under the trolling motor to get to the pump easier? In the area colored yellow.
    Class1~2.jpg
    might be kinda hard if you have big arms and not sure if that will affect the strength of that brace
    2020 pantera classic
    200 mercury 4s

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by db220 View Post
    I took the rod tubes out of the middle rod locker and it holds a ton of rods much more easily.
    I agree on the passenger rods getting mashed by the lid. I broke a guide on one of my rods that way.
    I hadn't considered that yet. I rarely carry that many rods with me at any time. But I will keep it in mind.

10. Member
    I use port box for rods and center box for tackle boxes. I tried other configurations but this is what I settled on.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CK11 View Post
    I use port box for rods and center box for tackle boxes. I tried other configurations but this is what I settled on.

this^^^^^^^^^^
    2020 pantera classic
    200 mercury 4s