Lowrance Ghost & Elite9 Ti2 Integration

Anyone out there running a Ghost with Elite Ti2? If so, would you be able to provide any details on the integration and connectivity. I'm interested in this setup for a boat I'm having built, but wanted to check what others were doing. Some of the pieces I'm not certain on from reading the documentation is the control of the Ghost from the Elite Ti2, Anchor Lock GPS unit and powering the Ti2.

Q1 - In order to control the Ghost from the Ti2, do they have to be connected to an N2K network?
    Q2 - If the Ghost is connected into an N2K network, should the Anchor Lock GPS unit be connected into the N2K network as well or directly to the motor foot pedal?
    Q3 - If the requirement is to run the Ti2 on an N2K network, is it possible to power this unit through the network as well or will I still need to connect the unit directly to a fuse panel?

Dustin

2. Member
    1. Yes
    2. The TMC connects to an output from the pedal
    3. No, the NMEA network does not supply power to units it only passes data. Your Ti2 must have power supplied

Just as an FYI, the GPS for the Ghost is in the head unit. The TMC is just a heading sensor. The Ghost would anchor lock without it but would not be able to follow certain commands like course lock or jog in Anchor mode.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply! Lowrance lists full integration with Elite Ti2, HDS Live and Carbon units; any idea what features would be lacking if one had an HDS Gen2, HDS Gen3, or Elite Ti?

4. Member
    The Gen3 and Elite Ti older units would not be able to utilize the software to control the Ghost features. The features that are controlled by the foot pedal of the Ghost can still be used (Anchor lock), but the features controlled by the software on the newer Carbon/LIVE/Elite Ti2 units will not be available.
    ciao,
    Marc