921 elite jack plate??

I recently just bought a 921 elite it came with an atlas jackplate my question is once the boat is on plane where would you recommend setting the jack plate and once it is set how do you know how much to trim the motor? Asking because I do not wanna be running wide open down the lake and have a blow out and loose all control of the boat and get thrown out

2. Member
    I think you would know when you got to high long before you were anywhere close to being thrown out lol. Don't know what motor you have nor prop but usually 14-16 is where you wanna be when on pad running fast and around 10-12 for running slower at least thats where the fury likes it on a mercury set at the second hole. I usually get on plane around 12-13 on jp gauge. Just drive it and you will be able to feel where your set up likes it best.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    I think you would know when you got to high long before you were anywhere close to being thrown out lol. Don't know what motor you have nor prop but usually 14-16 is where you wanna be when on pad running fast and around 10-12 for running slower at least thats where the fury likes it on a mercury set at the second hole. I usually get on plane around 12-13 on jp gauge. Just drive it and you will be able to feel where your set up likes it best.
    I agree. I'm also running a Mercury with a Fury. 12 to 14 is optimum. The trimming is just feel. When I bought my first Phoenix I was coming from years of Rangers and I found myself over trimming the Phoenix. These boats don't need a ton of trim to perform top notch. As a bonus, if you are looking to jump up quick in skinny water, raise the plate way up and the boat will still get on pad almost immediately.

If you are running down the lake and raising the JP the biggest thing you need to do is watch your water pressure. I don't know if you have a motor with low water pickup so that would be your biggest concern. That plate moves pretty slow so if you do start to experience prop slip it won't be an all at once thing. I've played with mine from the bottom to the top without issue.

5. Member
    Sorry I should have mentioned what motor and prop it's a mercury 250 4 stroke with a 24 fury on it played with it quite a bit today to get on plane the highest I could run it with out blowing out was 8 once on plane I left it on 8 and trimmed the engine all the way up and I was getting 71. So from what Im understanding from you guys once on plane I should run the plate up to 12-14 when you guys run your plate up that high are you trimming your motor up once you get to 12-14 or are you leaving it all the way down??

I'm running a Fury 24 three blade at 13 to 14 and full trim to 5950 rpm and 76.5mph on a 920 Easy to drive and no problem taking off set at 13 or 14 either.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos 210elite View Post
    Sorry I should have mentioned what motor and prop it's a mercury 250 4 stroke with a 24 fury on it played with it quite a bit today to get on plane the highest I could run it with out blowing out was 8 once on plane I left it on 8 and trimmed the engine all the way up and I was getting 71. So from what Im understanding from you guys once on plane I should run the plate up to 12-14 when you guys run your plate up that high are you trimming your motor up once you get to 12-14 or are you leaving it all the way down??
    You definitely will see better performance if you use a little trim. If you have a smart gauge it should display trim as you bump it up. Somewhere around 3.5 to 4 is usually the best performance on my 921 Elite. If you don't have the gauge, just check over your shoulder at the spray. You don't want the full on rooster tail just a little trail no higher than your cowling. But play with it some too. I've owned a lot of boats over the years and they all have their unique sweet spot. In my experience though, Phoenix doesn't need a ton of trim to run at its peak. You'll know when it's right because you will not be fighting the steering at all. When it's right, it's almost like steering your truck down the road.

8. BBC SPONSOR
    9-10 on a 921 elite running a 24 fury.