Thread: Suzuki 250SS

Suzuki 250SS

Who's running one on a Phoenix and how do you like it?

2. Member
    I hear the gear ratio and prop choices suck for the zukes for a bass setup. Hopefully itis not all true tho as the zukes are seeming to be good motors!

3. Member
    A dealer near us has been running scorpion props on the zukes and having very good results. Team marine has a couple videos on pros who run those props. Adrian avena is running that scorpion on his bass cat and is performing well. We have tested a scorpion this weekend on a 20phx with Yamaha and holy bow lift. More than makes up for the gear ratio on the Suzuki. From what I have heard though those motors are damn near indestructible

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    On a Team Marine vid, suspposedly there is a new motor coming out, they way i understood it....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    I saw that Team Marine video also. If I were Suzuki I’d be trying to pluck up some of the Evinrude sales, not that there was a ton of them

6. Member
    I run one on a 921 pro xp. It has a scorpion prop. Runs great. Good hole shot and good top end

7. Member
    jlp1525 what kind of rpms and speed are you getting with your rig?
    A 721 is what I am gonna order I think and the Suzuki reliability has me very interested in one as long as its will run decent speeds. And I've watched all the Team Marine videos, Andy seems like a guy that will tell it like it is and he seems to really be a fan of Suzuki and the 250ss. And I wish i knew when and if Suzuki had a new engine coming down the line soon, but more than likely it will be next year if at all, my dealer says there is no new engine on the 2021 price list.

8. Member
    I love my Suzuki 250SS on my 921XP - 2018. 67mph top end, but the motor is easy to work on, and very dependable. I would buy another. May try the Scorpion prop if I can get specks. I am currently running the standard 4 blade 28p.

9. Member
    I turn around 5800 rpm's.

10. Member
    Interested in this also

11. Member
    RUNNING A 250SS ON A625 BLAZER 28 4 BLADE .THEY ARE HARD TO PROP. BRANDY CARD RUNS ONE. DEAN ROHAS HAS ONE ON A BLAZER RUNNING A 28 4 BLADE. 72 IS TOP SPEED ON MINE. THE GRAR RATIO IS THE PROPLEM. GREAT MOTORS.