Shoot holes in this

I had a choice in upgrading my main motor or electronics. My old yammie is running well but i dream of a 4 stroke, so i'm opting for electronics. My humminbirds are are least 10 years old so any change is an improvement. And my TM is a 15 YO Motorguide, still running but I want spotlock and other options back like I had on my Lund before I sold it. Everything now is going on a 2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL. Here's my plan but I'm open to any suggestions.

New 57" Force TM

Bow - Livescope and 1042XSV on BBT mount

Console - 1242xsv on Balzout mount and I have a steady cast sensor and GPS 19x already that I was looking at putting on a NMEA setup. GT54 on jackplate. Would love to see if I could use my existing shoot through transducer for speed readings but haven't dug it out yet. If that would work I would look at the BBT console mount although it would block my tach and speedo.

Definitely want the graphs to communicate and it looks like they do wirelessly. Im pretty sure they are compatible also. Ive beat up Garmins website trying to make sure.
    In addition - upgrade to touchscreens? 2 smaller graphs on bow with on livescope and the other mapping or such?

Thanks guys, this is exhausting
    I like Big Bass, I cannot lie

2. Member
    The graphs communicate with each other and share through an ethernet cable. Their wireless connectivity is for you phone and the Force.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Also the 1242 with GT54 will not give you UHD. It doesn't have the "UHD Brains". So only 455 for side and 840 for down.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Ok, I want uhd so what could I move up to and keep connectivity? Is the 1042 uhd as well? I’m off to the garmin site to try and look.

5. Member
    Notice: compatible with GPSMAP® 8400xsv/8600xsv and ECHOMAP™ Ultra chartplotter/sonar combos

since that is from the garmin site for the GT54 I’m assuming I’ll have to move into the echomap series since the 84 and 86 stuff is big cash? That’s ok but my searches here indicated they had slower processing speed and worse screen resolution?

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Yes....now there is the GCV20 w/GT34 ducer that is also UHD, but from my experience the GT54 is better. The GT34 setup would work with the GPSmap units you are referencing in original post. Right now only units with builtin UHD are the 8600 series, Ultra series and Echomap Plus UHD. They will use the GT54.

7. Member
    Getting away from the gpsmap series, a 126sv on the console and a 122sv on the bow look to be a good configuration? Or go back to a 2 graph bow configuration with something like a 1022 for live scope and a 93svuhd for mapping and use of the gt54 transducer on the TM. All tied together with NMEA 2000.

am I getting closer?

thank you again
    Last edited by Williep99; 08-06-2020 at 09:13 PM.

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    The Ultra 12" units are awesome. I have one so 2 of them would be great. That would be my choice.

Also you can not network a Echomap Plus/Ultra with GPSMAP series.

NMEA on these units are for sensors only. To network for waypoints, maps, etc, you want the marine network cables.

9. Member
    Thank you to the folks who have responded. With your comments, youtube and Garmins website I have gotten a way better understanding on how and what works. One more question. As you can see, the bilge area is pretty full of stuff and now that I have to keep the oil tank, room is at a premium. So I’m think of installing 2 Blue Sea switches, NMEA connections, and the livescope black box to the back side of the right front locker in front of the drivers console. Kind of the home run area if you will. Already have new 8 and 10 gauge wire and fuses so power won’t be a problem and I’ll make sure there space and nothing can press up against the new equipment. Any thoughts on this installation. I’m not sure if heat will be an issue in there but it can’t be much worse than other areas. Sorry the pictures are sideways.

Thank you, Bill

10. Member
    I think the introduction of the Echomap Ultra eliminated the GPSmap series from most bass boat applications.

11. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Why 2 Blue Sea switches??