Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Putting a battery disconnect on the positive cable so you can completely disconnect everything that may be a parasitic draw is the first thing I did when I bought mine home. Full charge, use switch to disconnect and recharge if I don't get it fully charged on the water. My dash lowrance shows the voltage for the starting battery on screen. I purposely hooked my smaller bow lowrance to the two group 27 TM batteries so I could monitor their voltage as well. Quick turn on them on and I get a reading and can identify if I need a charge on either system.
    2023 Targa V-19 Combo
    Mercury 200hp XS XL Four stroke
    Garmin Force TM-36v Ionic Lithium Batteries
    Best Speed to date: 51.2mph
    BEST/WORST: Storage / Compartment moisture

2. Banned
    Anyone try putting drinks and ice in the little storage boxes on the back deck? Just curious if the plastic boxes would keep some drinks cool.

3. Member
    Should be fairly insulated, aside from the lids, those boxes are surrounded by foam... At least in my boat they are.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Tracker View Post
    Should be fairly insulated, aside from the lids, those boxes are surrounded by foam... At least in my boat they are.

X2- They do okay in keeping stuff cold and holding ice. I use the one in the step for drinks and usually put a little ice and some freezer packs in one of the side ones with lunch if I'm packing one. Keep the food dry being on top of the freezer packs as the ice melts during the day.
    2023 Targa V-19 Combo
    Mercury 200hp XS XL Four stroke
    Garmin Force TM-36v Ionic Lithium Batteries
    Best Speed to date: 51.2mph
    BEST/WORST: Storage / Compartment moisture

5. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Yeah the little compartments in the back did fine for me the couple times I used one of them as a cooler with ice. In the hotter months my rain suit goes in one of them and I use a larger cooler in one of the front compartments. In the cooler months I move the rain suit and put drinks in the rear compartment and replace as needed since I don't drink nearly as much water when it's not a million degrees outside.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

The school of hard knocks is a rough way to be educated!

6. Banned
    Used it this evening worked great as a cooler.

Next stupid question.....Does the eye go under or over the roller? It was under when I picked it up and have been loading it that way. Went fishing with my father this evening and he noticed how much the boat rises when you unhook the front eye. He said only time he had seen a boat do that was when the front eye was under the roller and should be over. I think it because the bigger motor and the axel should be further back to offset the weight.

7. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Eye under and touching the rubber. When you crank the winch strap down it will hold the nose down. Also, you probably already know this but going to put it here anyway. NEVER have the bow eye unhooked unless the boat has water under it. We've helped a few guys get their new Tracker back on the trailer that learned this the hard way and the ramp isn't even that steep. At the marina I launch at they say when a boat slides off the trailer it's usually a Tracker. First time I put mine in the water one of the guys there who knew my old glitter sled habits warned me about that but had also been warned on here before that.

Not sure if Roy is still making the brackets for the keel centering bunks but that extra set of bunks really help with loading these boats because they can be notoriously hard to get on the trailer straight if you prefer to power load. Could probably come up with your own version of them pretty easy if he's retired from making them.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

8. Banned
    I unhooked it the first time and it bounced up about 4in and I can rock way too much by hand i guessed it wasn't a good idea to unhook before being in the water. Learned quickly to not back in the trailer as far as my glass boats or it will set crooked on the trailer. For some reason it really annoys me to have to back up again to get the boat to float dosen't hurt anything and only takes a sec just annoys me.

Ok next stupid question....... anyone up grade the rim and tires? Anyone know how big I can go without hitting the finder? I have been known to randomly go on out of state trips and my favorite lake is 9 hour drive one way. Just not sure these little thin tires are going to cut it for me.

9. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12