Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

2016 175 pro team TXW info

found a 2016 175 pro team TXW at a local dealer I am going to pick up tomorrow. Has a 75 Merc 4 stroke on the back with less than a hour on the motor they showed me the print out. My understanding is the boat has never been off the trailer and has been stored. They changed all the fluids, new filters, and ran the motor for about 20 min. Tomorrow they are putting new bearings and tires on the trailer and two new batteries. Should be ready to pick sometime tomorrow afternoon i have never owned a metal boat.

Is their anything I need to look for or do before I drive off? Motor still has a year of warranty eligibility to buy 3 more years but with so few hours I'm not sure what I will do about that.

2. Member
    Sounds like a good deal.

3. Banned
    They should change the water pump impeller for you, since Mercury recommends every three years.

4. #FRB
    I would go ahead and buy the extra warranty just for peace of mind. Also, you really should put a 24v trolling motor on it preferably with spot lock. The stock 45# Edge is worthless if the wind is blowing at all. You'll love how nice this rig rides in the rough stuff and it's a surprisingly dry ride too. The stock Black Max prop will struggle a little to carry the load when the tank is full so a good stainless prop with plenty of cup will be a good way to go. Also, if it has the stock transom straps you'll find out in a hurry that they get loose pretty fast when going down the road. Other than that, they're a great all around boat that handles the rough stuff better than a lot of other metal mod-v boats and still fish pretty good.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

5. Member
    I agree with having them change the impeller. I would also do a proper break in on the motor.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

6. Banned
    20200808_162055.jpg

Not the best pic but all I am going to take time for got to head to the lake.

7. #FRB
    Nice. Identical to mine.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

8. Banned
    OK couple of questions.....

Can't trim up much...feels like prop losses grip and boat starts porpoiseing. Has a stock black 19p i am assuming it will need a 21p?

Second....Told the dealer I wanted a cover in the deal. He handed me one that was dirty said it was with the boat in the barn it was stored in looks very generic. Got the boat home and opened the boxes to put gear in and found a second cover. The second seems a lot better built and has tracker on it. Does anyone know if the the tracker covers are road covers? Don't want to tear it up going down the road.

Anyone know how to replace the snaps on the seats? First time opening the seat it came off the strap.

9. #FRB
    That motor should have the 17p Black Max prop on it if you have the 2.08:1 case. This hull is VERY trim sensitive and you just need to give the button quick bumps or you will blow out/porpoise/etc. I highly suggest a good stainless prop with a ton of cup in it to carry the hull like it needs to be carried with the keel out of the water. Powertech nrs3 17p has been good to me but they make one with even more cup (ptr maybe?) that might be better. With the 17p nrs3 max rpm by myself loaded heavy is around 5500 at about 41mph in the cooler months. In stock form with stock aluminum prop you should be running 40-42mph by gps right before that last bump in the trim where it starts to porpoise. Not much to driving these hulls once you get used to the fact the power trim doesn't have a snail stage like the bigger motors do so if you're in the habit of laying on the trim instead of just bumping it blowing out and porpoising will happen fast.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

10. Banned
    I just looked your correct it's a 17p. This is going to be learning curve for me been in glass boats for 20+ years. I was amazed at how fast the motor moved with trim. Still breaking the motor in so I kept it around 4,000 rpms about 30 mph according to the guage. It would trim very little than blow out. Ran it WOT for roughly a minute but didn't trim it up. Going to buy a stainless just for durability and keep this aluminum for a spare. It runs what it runs and I'm good with that. Amazed with the four stroke how quite it is and how little gas it uses.

I was surprised how well it fished with the 12v but will be upgrading to 24v shortly maybe 36v if I can find a old tour edition. Only problem i had was with the behind me it was hard to control the back end. Fishing in the standing timber i bumped a couple trees with back end wanting to blow around. Has anyone moved the batteries forward? Just thinking it might help lowering the nose out of the wind so much.

Turns out I did end up with two covers out of the deal. I like how the tracker fits just going to figure out how to add a couple of straps. Looks like it might sag a little in the middle when raining.
    Last edited by jarhead175; 08-09-2020 at 11:29 AM.

11. #FRB
    I've found that at 4000 rpm it will run forever on a gallon of gas. The 75hp doesn't seem to really care how much weight it's pushing from what I can tell because it has so much torque. What I would do is have someone sit on the edge of the front deck while running and also while you're fishing to see how it acts before you do any battery relocating. You'll appreciate how high it sits up front when/if you fish big rollers. I've fished water that made my boat look like a crab boat on the Bearing Sea during Opie season and only come close to taking one over the front once.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

12. Member
    Just got a 175txw myself, and with my tracker cover it has a rod that goes in the middle to hold the cover up, not sure if yours did or if maybe you can locate one or improvise one.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    I just looked your correct it's a 17p. This is going to be learning curve for me been in glass boats for 20+ years. I was amazed at how fast the motor moved with trim. Still breaking the motor in so I kept it around 4,000 rpms about 30 mph according to the guage. It would trim very little than blow out. Ran it WOT for roughly a minute but didn't trim it up. Going to buy a stainless just for durability and keep this aluminum for a spare. It runs what it runs and I'm good with that. Amazed with the four stroke how quite it is and how little gas it uses.

I was surprised how well it fished with the 12v but will be upgrading to 24v shortly maybe 36v if I can find a old tour edition. Only problem i had was with the behind me it was hard to control the back end. Fishing in the standing timber i bumped a couple trees with back end wanting to blow around. Has anyone moved the batteries forward? Just thinking it might help lowering the nose out of the wind so much.

Turns out I did end up with two covers out of the deal. I like how the tracker fits just going to figure out how to add a couple of straps. Looks like it might sag a little in the middle when raining.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    OK couple of questions.....

Can't trim up much...feels like prop losses grip and boat starts porpoiseing. Has a stock black 19p i am assuming it will need a 21p?

Second....Told the dealer I wanted a cover in the deal. He handed me one that was dirty said it was with the boat in the barn it was stored in looks very generic. Got the boat home and opened the boxes to put gear in and found a second cover. The second seems a lot better built and has tracker on it. Does anyone know if the the tracker covers are road covers? Don't want to tear it up going down the road.

Anyone know how to replace the snaps on the seats? First time opening the seat it came off the strap.
    It should be the same brand cover I have on my 190 TX just fitted for the 175. Mine is road worthy without issue
    whatroads - A pun on the "information super highway"
    Tracker 190 TX
    90 hp Merc
    Fortrex 80 w/ 52" shaft

14. Banned
    Do they hook up the chargers the same on every boat? Just curious plugged my charger in last night and one light is green one is still red 16 hours later. The one on the left is green the one on the right is red. I don't have any tools moved to my new house yet so I can't test which one isn't charging. Went out and unplugged the trolling motor and made sure everything is off going to check again in the morning. Both batteries are brand new interstates which doesn't mean one isn't bad.

15. #FRB
    If it's the 2 bank NOCO mine had that charger was a POS. A bank crapped out and ruined a nearly new battery. As for the red light did you check the inline fuses?
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

16. Banned
    Yep it's a Noco and no I didn't

17. Banned
    Well went out and took off the leads from the charger to the batteries to find out which bank went to which battery. The starting battery is the one on the bad side of the charger. Pulled the battery and had it tested and it tested good so the charger has a bad side. Since it is the starting battery I pulled the leads from the charger, pulled the fuse, taped the leads, and moved them out of the way. It still charges the trolling motor battery that's all that matters. Not sure why they put a charger on the starting battery.

18. Member
    The starting battery needs to be charged between use as well. Until you can get a good two bank charger (or upgrade to 24 volt trolling motor and need a three bank charger) I would use a standard 10 amp charger to keep the starting battery charged up. I charge my batteries immediately after using the boat and again the day before I go fishing.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

19. #FRB
    Today's electronics really draw some current. And if you use your livewell pumps you also pull some current. Right now when I'm perch jerking I run the aerator on timer once the livewell is full to keep putting fresh water in and recirculator on constant. Then change the water out completely every few hours with the pumpout feature. Also run a group 31 agm battery for all that. Only run a pair of groupl 24 batteries on the trolling motor and they're sufficient but will go back to heavier batteries when the time comes not for the capacity but to help balance the boat better when the gas tank is more than half full.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

20. Banned
    We just fun fish hardly ever put fish in the livewell and can't remember the last time I turned on a graph. Been two trips in this new tracker and haven't turned on the little x3. Last boat was a old ranger with no electronics on it at all. So the motor will charge the starting battery just fine. But if I do ever go crazy and buy electronics for it I will put it on a charger.

Anyone get the rod holders for the versatrack? We have a local mud hole we like to catfish thinking those would be nice if they work good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast