99 Johnson 225 (carb) Can’t get spark on bottom right cylinder

So here’s the story sorry if it’s long. Was on the water a few weeks ago motor ran great all day on the way back to the dock motor just dies was running about half throttle got it home checked for spark I had none so I had a spare used power pack so I swapped it outs and got spark on three cylinders and motor fired but obviously ran terrible so I got out my multimeter and started doing all the proper testing and found that the timer base was not putting out proper volts so replaced timer base now I have spark on five cylinders no spark on lower right hand cylinder Then bought a brand new power pack no change still no spark on lower right hand cylinder swapped coils still no change the problem follows the wire coming out of the powerpack to the coil stator tests good any ideas
    I also pulled the wires from shift sensor and the kill wire from keyswitch no change
    I am out of ideas really need some help

Did you swap the plug wire on the coils?
    Swap the pins coming out of the timer base and see if it moves from #5 cylinder to #3 or #1.
    RUSTY63 in a Shiny Green Jacket.......

3. Member
    I swap the plugs on the timer base an the problem did move to the other side and also made the spark on the rest very poor Almost that you can’t see it. So is this timer base bad to?

That would be my guess if it moved.
    RUSTY63 in a Shiny Green Jacket.......

5. Member
    I have a 98 Johnson manual that covers my 200 and also the 225. I ran the ohms test on the timer base to troubleshoot that I had a bad timer base.
    I would run those tests to see if you possibly have a bad timer base.
    98 Triton TR21, 200 Johnson Venom
    2011 RAM 1500 Loramie Longhorn