hot foot location

sat in a 521 c and 521l noticed seemed like hot foot is mounted somewhat in the center of the console floor space which felt like it needs to be more starboard mounted. felt very uncomfortable .any body else thinks that position of hot foot uncomfortable ?

2. Member
    Agreed - had mine removed for that reason.

3. Member
    Its sucks gives me knee and hip pain after 5-10 minutes. silly stupid considering how many 20 foot bass boats are sold with hot foots. It's like it never entered the engineer's minds.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    I thought it was weird at first but I am getting used to it. Easier to to give my right leg a break when making a long run.

5. Member
    I think it would be allot better if they did away with the starboard side foot rest and had the hotfoot farther to the starboard side. When I got this boat I pulled the Hot foot and redrilled the slide plat to move the pedal 1/2" which helped allot.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

6. Member
    It took me a number of hours running my new to me rig. Starting to feel normal now. Same with steering wheel. My old rig had the tilt that would allow it to go way down, this one only tilts about half as much.

7. Member
    thank you !I knew something didnt seem right definitely need to move hot foot more starboard

By far the dumbest way that Ranger sets up their boats... my last boat had a hotfoot and it was more like driving a vehicle

9. Member
    I noticed the same thing when looking at a few 518s a few weeks ago. I’ve got mine mounted on the right side of the floorwell of my Triton. Center seems odd but I have not actually sat in one to try it. Of course, I’ve got a bum right knee too so I’m sure having it crooked a little to the left wouldn’t help it, lol!
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

10. Member
    I agree i hate the way the hot foot is mounted I have only had mine a couple months and I dont like the tires they follow ever crack in the road. Other than that I love my 520.