Ranger warranty call today

I have a 2015 z520 I called today and tried to talk to warranty department about my rims spitting chrome. I wasn’t pleased with the call. I was quickly told that it was only warranted for 3 years. I tried to tell them it is a know problem she told me that maybe they would work through the dealer. I explained I have pictures of the 4 rims that are bad but she didn’t want to hear any of it. I was not pleased with how it was handled. My dealer is 3 hours away. I didn’t really expect them to send me new ones but a little bit of I am sorry that is happing or I wish I could do something to help with it would have gone a long way. I sure hope this isn’t how they move forward with customer service. It used to be great. I didn’t feel that way today. Sure hate to see a great company go down this way.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Inddave View Post
    I have a 2015 z520 I called today and tried to talk to warranty department about my rims spitting chrome. I wasn’t pleased with the call. I was quickly told that it was only warranted for 3 years. I tried to tell them it is a know problem she told me that maybe they would work through the dealer. I explained I have pictures of the 4 rims that are bad but she didn’t want to hear any of it. I was not pleased with how it was handled. My dealer is 3 hours away. I didn’t really expect them to send me new ones but a little bit of I am sorry that is happing or I wish I could do something to help with it would have gone a long way. I sure hope this isn’t how they move forward with customer service. It used to be great. I didn’t feel that way today. Sure hate to see a great company go down this way.
    Its going down hill fast. Unfortunately my next boat won't be a ranger sadly. Buddy of the same, after some issues with his ranger and G2 he sold and now runs a skeeter/sho

3. Member
    Rims are known problem and you should work through dealer. Pictures and phone calls should be enough with your dealer to handle.

Most of those that have issues start very early in the lifespan..and it’s not just spitting chrome, it’s big pieces peeling off. Yours could simply be wear and tear...and after five years, what did you really expect them to do? Those wheels...(I have the same ones) are cheap Chinese crap, just like the kenda tires.

5. Member
    I had a call with Customer Service about my dealership not entering my BPS Freedom of Choice promotion correctly, the lady I talked with was very pleasant and actually called me back. We are all human, I for sure am not perfect by any means.......... I do have these wheels, ordered one from my stupid curb rash and yes states "Made In China" on the box, but what isn't these days. Until we stop buying products made in China all manufactures will use made in China. I am trying my best to not do so.

6. Member
    The new ownership does not understand repeat business after all who ever buys a second Nitro

7. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    The new ownership does not understand repeat business after all who ever buys a second Nitro
    New? Better check your calendar. And secondly, this kind of slam without proof, evidence, or logic is getting old. Ranger Boats has had and continues to have almost complete administrative autonomy within White River Marine Group, so the implication that everything that happens at Nitro also happens at Ranger has no basis. And secondly, where is your proof that no one ever buys a second Nitro anyway? This argument is a red herring based on a false analogy.
    Last edited by jc2bg; 08-07-2020 at 08:19 AM.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    New? Better check your calendar. And secondly, this kind of slam without proof, evidence, or logic is getting old. Ranger Boats has had and continues to have almost complete administrative autonomy within White River Marine Group, so the implication that everything that happens at Nitro also happens at Ranger has no basis. And secondly, where is your proof that no one ever buys a second Nitro anyway? This argument is a red herring based on a false analogy.
    My best friend and fishing buddy has a Nitro Z20, never had a problem and loves it and would buy another. I almost bought one as well.

I have had good experiences with my calls to Ranger Customer support and via online request. They have been very respondent to my Dealership as well.

Customer service reps also respond differently to how you treat them on the phone as well.
    Last edited by RGK456; 08-07-2020 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    Really wonder how many who make these kinds of comments have actually owned a new Ranger or Nitro in the last 15 years?

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Really wonder how many who make these kinds of comments have actually owned a new Ranger or Nitro in the last 15 years?
    I'm with you on that. Really gets old hearing this stupid crap.

11. Member
    It's a 3 year warranty. It's been 5 or 6 years and she still said maybe they would help you through your dealer. I don't understand the issue here.

At some point a warranty has to end or prices would be double.

12. Member
    Pretty sure he currently owns a Ranger.

13. Member
    I owned a new ranger and have made this same comment to my dealer and friends. This is why my ranger is for sale and unfortunately will be my last. I’ve fished out of a ranger from the time I was 4yrs old that my grandpa had and I’ve owned three rangers myself. It’s unfortunate the way it’s headed. I’ve been in contact with both ranger and wrm in the last week over a set of seat skins I ordered June 5th. My dealer has tried to get answers for me and been most helpful. But I decided I’d like to call cuz the boats for sale. Wrm said they would call me back (still crickets on that). So I called again and got to ranger. The lady was very nice and actually called me back the same day. They told me I’ll be waiting another 4 weeks. That’s 12 weeks for a set of skins on a 2013 model 520C. Now I understand the rona has slowed most all company’s down but the way this has been handled is just signs of things to come. Also it’s not just the skins I’ve ordered I do bost carpet in the winter and seen this going on back in November and all winter. No one is in a hurry to get your problem solved. To the op good luck on your wheel problem.

PS I had my rims replaced three times back when it was under warranty the old warranty people jumped at the chance to make it right.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Pretty sure he currently owns a Ranger.
    Then people should address their specific issue..instead of the lazy hack comments that appear have no basis in fact.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Generator View Post
    I owned a new ranger and have made this same comment to my dealer and friends. This is why my ranger is for sale and unfortunately will be my last. I’ve fished out of a ranger from the time I was 4yrs old that my grandpa had and I’ve owned three rangers myself. It’s unfortunate the way it’s headed. I’ve been in contact with both ranger and wrm in the last week over a set of seat skins I ordered June 5th. My dealer has tried to get answers for me and been most helpful. But I decided I’d like to call cuz the boats for sale. Wrm said they would call me back (still crickets on that). So I called again and got to ranger. The lady was very nice and actually called me back the same day. They told me I’ll be waiting another 4 weeks. That’s 12 weeks for a set of skins on a 2013 model 520C. Now I understand the rona has slowed most all company’s down but the way this has been handled is just signs of things to come. Also it’s not just the skins I’ve ordered I do bost carpet in the winter and seen this going on back in November and all winter. No one is in a hurry to get your problem solved. To the op good luck on your wheel problem.

PS I had my rims replaced three times back when it was under warranty the old warranty people jumped at the chance to make it right.
    I hope you're happy with whatever brand you choose moving forward.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Generator View Post

I ordered my seat skins May 5th. Finally after extensive phone calls on hold, lady answered and looked up my order number and they did still have it. She said it was on back order and had no idea when I might get it. I also needed a new trim/fuel gauge for my 08 Z520 that the lady said was no longer available, wow! Now I have to put after market crap on my Ranger.

17. Moderator
    5 year old wheels and you expected an apology? What are they supposed to do....3 year warranty is up......

18. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I think we’re done here. OP had a complaint to make, and he’s made it. It’s still the COVID year, folks, and all sorts of unusual things have happened in manufacturing, supply chain, etc. But plenty of good service and parts delivery has been accomplished, too. Look on the bright side. Remember when Ranger was in bankruptcy? And if you have a problem with your boat, ask for help. That’s what we’re here for.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio