Forum Description

Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    A couple of things. Your 175 is a 2.5L motor and this is the 3.0L section. The mods will move it. If you want the experts advice, please include your motors serial number.
    Not going to hijack another thread, but curiosity is getting the better of me today...

This forum's description clearly says "For discussions related to 3L motors (including XS and ProXS)" [emphasis mine]

I don't want to be the grammar cop here, but swear to God, I'm not 100% sure where a question on a 175 ProXS is supposed to be posted... if the intent is that only threads on the XS and ProXS motors of the 3.0L variety are supposed to be included on this (3.0L) forum, the bolded part above is, at best, confusing and completely unnecessary. In other words, you could keep the 2.5L ProXS owners off the board simply by making the description "For discussions related to 3L motors," period. Otherwise, why does the 3.0L forum say "(including XS and ProXS") but the 2.5L forum does not?

Or are we just trying to keep the 150/175 ProXS owners off bbcboards.net completely?

2. Member
    There are other motors that are 3.0 liter and they are NOT ProXS or XS motors. Boards are for 3 liter motors, including XS and ProXS.

Since your ProXS motor is NOT a 3.0 liter it would be discussed on one of the other Mercury boards.
    Last edited by Savage; 08-07-2020 at 08:45 AM.

3. Member
    And to really compound the issue, there are 4-stroke versions of ProXS as well. If your engine is a 175 Optimax, the ProXS is a performance version of that engine, it is a 2.5L and belongs in the 2.0/2.4/2.5L forum. If it's a 4-stroke then questions/discussion takes place in the 4-stroke forum.

Don has posted this in the Mercury Motors forum several times.

It will help you to receive faster, and more accurate responses if you will post your questions in the appropriate forum:

Mercury Motors (this forum)
    TWO STROKE models (Less than 135 hp).

Mercury - 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5 Liter High Performance
    For discussions related to 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5L Two Stroke motors (Carb, EFI, Optimax or Racing).

Mercury - 3 Liter & 3 Liter High Performance
    For discussions related to 3L Two Stroke motors (XS, ProXS Optimax, EFI, or Racing)

Mercury - 4 Stroke / Verado
    For discussions related to ALL Mercury 4 Stroke Engines.

For fastest/most-accurate assistance, please choose the correct forum.

Thanks!
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax