Ultrex problems...need advice

My motor is a 2017, so out of warranty. I took the boat out today and deployed the Ultrex and hit spot lock. Spot lock was working then all of a sudden it disconnected. The reason is because my foot control pedal froze up and will not move. The on/off button works and prop turns but cannot turn motor at all. I got my remote out ( blue tooth ) and it will not turn on and I just replaced the battery in May. I was lucky that I was only 10 miles from a Minn Kota service center, so I took it there and the guy that knows what he’s doing will not be back until Monday. They seem to think it a board that went bad. I also bought another battery for the remote. I installed the new battery and it still will not turn on. Any ideas? Thanks

2. Member
    I didn't know that the remotes had batteries...I thought they were just rechargeable (know of an '18 that way)

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ-Rohlf View Post
    I didn't know that the remotes had batteries...I thought they were just rechargeable (know of an '18 that way)
    This is an Ipilot link with Bluetooth remote.

4. Member
    ultrex remote.JPG

Yeah this one? The one he has is this and has a charging cord that has a USB dongle on one end

5. Member
    If you haven't replaced the control board yet, you've been lucky.

I'm on my second replacement for a 2018 model. MK has a new board that is supposed to solve the problem. In my motor now, working.

If your ASC will plead your case, MK may still warrant the old one. Easy to ask.