Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR

TRITON TOUCH PADS OR CONVERSION KITS

12/11/2020 UPDATE
    I have received a new supply of the oval touch pads and the conversion kits. Please give me a call if you need these.

Most of the older Triton touch pads are no longer available thru 2014. There are conversion kits available for all of them. Prior to late 2010, all of the kits are plug and play. From late 2010 thru 2014 you are looking at rewiring the boats but the kits contain the wiring harness. I have the conversion kits in stock at less than factory pricing. Let me know what you need and I will price them for you thru PMs or emails, please. If you call, please ask for me, 615-797-4760

***** I have been informed I can still get the oval touch pads. *****

candoparts@yahoo.com
    Thank you!!!
    Carol Newnum
    The Parts Mom
    C&O Marine Parts Department
    Last edited by The Parts Mom / Carol; 12-11-2020 at 08:56 AM. Reason: UPDATED INFORMATION

2. Member
    Thank you for this information, Carol. You folks do a great job out there.

Mod's, it wouldn't hurt to add this to the sticky's above. There are a lot of us that have the potential to need these parts.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Thank you jbh3!! I try to keep y'all on the water to the best of my ability. All of your continued support and business is greatly appreciated!!!!!

Do you possibly have any of the 05 style touch pads?
    22 Triton TRX20 22 Pro XS 250
    16 Triton 1760sc 16 Merc 75hp

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by 96MrBass View Post
    Do you possibly have any of the 05 style touch pads?
    So you just need one side and if so, which side?

Actually interested in both sides livewell side and master power if you have them.
    22 Triton TRX20 22 Pro XS 250
    16 Triton 1760sc 16 Merc 75hp

7. Member
    Hey

Do you have original touch pads for 2006 model both sides .Would like to buy them and save them for future just in case .

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by trol20x View Post
    Hey

Do you have original touch pads for 2006 model both sides .Would like to buy them and save them for future just in case .
    I finally got a chance to go look for these. I even checked my stash (sssshhhhh!!!). The only ones I have left are 2 of the power side. These are no longer available for me to order. You will need to get the conversion kit.

9. Member
    !Hey guys, I purchased one of these kits from Carol. I had a touchpad dash that gave me nightmares. Carol contacted the manufacturer of my touch pad system and they said to convert to the rotary switches would mean a complete rewire, because they did not have a conversion kit for a 2015 model. After some thought, I contacted Carol and told her I had a plan to make these rotary switches work on my rig. I ordered the switches and harness and here is what I did to convert it: 1) removed the touchpad system & brain 2) Clipped all existing wires to box lights, bilges, pumps, anchor & navigation lights. Clip the just behind the gear lever control. 3) Identify each wire by putting 12V to it and see what comes on & label the wire. 4) install the new switches & harness. 5) Clip the wires from the new harness at the 40 pin connector (Carol supplied a schematic of what each wire went to on the dash) 6) match the wires from the connector to those you've labeled from the old system, use solder & butt connectors to connect the two ends.

It worked perfectly! You will give up livewell controls at the bow & you'll have to purchase the bow panel that has the oval switch panel as opposed to the rectangular switch panel, but you still have your anchor light control & trim control at the bow with the new panel. Wiring time was about 12 hours and I'm not a wiring guru, but I now have a much more dependable system! Give Carol a call!!!
    Last edited by TillerHandle; 08-12-2020 at 04:27 PM.

10. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by TillerHandle View Post
    !Hey guys, I purchased one of these kits from Carol. I had a touchpad dash that gave me nightmares. Carol contacted the manufacturer of my touch pad system and they said to convert to the rotary switches would mean a complete rewire, because they did not have a conversion kit for a 2015 model. After some thought, I contacted Carol and told her I had a plan to make these rotary switches work on my rig. I ordered the switches and harness and here is what I did to convert it: 1) removed the touchpad system & brain 2) Clipped all existing wires to box lights, bilges, pumps, anchor & navigation lights. Clip the just behind the gear lever control. 3) Identify each wire by putting 12V to it and see what comes on & label the wire. 4) install the new switches & harness. 5) Clip the wires from the new harness at the 40 pin connector (Carol supplied a schematic of what each wire went to on the dash) 6) match the wires from the connector to those you've labeled from the old system, use solder & butt connectors to connect the two ends.

It worked perfectly! You will give up livewell controls at the bow & you'll have to purchase the bow panel that has the oval switch panel as opposed to the rectangular switch panel, but you still have your anchor light control & trim control at the bow with the new panel. Wiring time was about 12 hours and I'm not a wiring guru, but I now have a much more dependable system! Give Carol a call!!!
    Thank you for posting the process that you had to go thru to make this work for you. Maybe they will put together a conversion kit for them soon. I don't understand why they continue to install touch pads in the boats!! I don't think there is a boat brand out there that has not had issues with them.

11. BBC SPONSOR
    Actually interested in both sides livewell side and master power if you have them.
    I do have one of each here at this time and the vendor has informed me I can still get them. You can call me at 615-797-4760 to place an order. I have these 2 pulled and tucked away for you.

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Hey

I'm pretty sure they are the oval style touch pads. You can call me to put in an order for them. I have one set in stock at the moment but more on order. If 96MrBass doesn't get them, they are yours and if he does, you will be 1st on the list for the new order. 615-797-4760 and ask for Carol.

13. Member
    I'm looking for the oval touch pads for a 2004 Triton Bass Classic model. The pads both still work but are becoming increasingly harder to read. Need to replace them soon.

Thanks for any help you can give.

14. BBC SPONSOR
    If anyone is still looking for Triton conversion kits or touch pads, please call and ask for me at 615-797-4760. I have stock on most of these and more on order.

15. BBC SPONSOR
    Hey

Don't know if you saw my update for the original post. The vendor said I can still order the oval touch pads if you are still interested in getting a set.

16. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by jlp972 View Post
    I'm looking for the oval touch pads for a 2004 Triton Bass Classic model. The pads both still work but are becoming increasingly harder to read. Need to replace them soon.

Thanks for any help you can give.
    Going back thru contacts to make sure I have everyone taken care of. Do you still need the touch pads or conversion kit?

17. BBC SPONSOR
    Hey

I got some of these in if you still need them. I have the conversion kits also.

18. BBC SPONSOR
    These are back in stock. Call me at 615-797-4760 and ask for Carol.
    Thanks!!!

19. BBC SPONSOR
    I have these in stock again if you are still needing them. I have both of the touch pads and the conversion kits.

20. Member
    I have a 2012 20xs elite and the push button pad stopped working can anyone point me in the direction of a conversion kit from push button to rotary please I have been dealing with this problem for a while and nobody has been able to help me so far including Triton and it is very frustrating. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast