Question about running new power wire.

I recently added a 15 solix to the console. I ran tinned marine rated 10 AWG from the cranking battery to a bus block under the console with a 25 amp fuse inline at the battery. From the bus block I ran more 10 AWG to the bow where I have 2 Helix 9s spliced in to the 10 AWG. I have a fuse holder behind each unit as well as.

Two of the units are flush mount and I cant disconnect the units from the power. I am wondering if I need to add a quick disconnect at the battery for when I charge the batteries? I also thought about removing the fuse at the battery and just adding a 30 amp breaker that I could flip on and off.

What are others doing for this?

I recommend using a breaker/switch near the battery. That has worked well for me.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    I recommend using a breaker/switch near the battery. That has worked well for me.

Are you flipping the breaker off when you charge? My concern is that it might wear out the breaker over time?

4. Member
    There is no concern with power to the unit for charging. Just turn them off. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

5. Member
    I have #6 to the console on a manually activated breaker/switch factory set up by Ranger. Then I used a 40 amp relay to feed the main panel. I also use the relay to cut out all loads when I finish fishing.
    2018 Ranger 1880 MS
    200 Verado L4
    Solix 12 SI G1
    XNT 14 HWT dual spectrum 2D on Y cable
    Ulterra 112 Ipilot Link
    AS GPS HS
    Ionic lithium batteries 3)100 1)125 installed 6/20
    MK460PC on board charger
    Stealth 1 DC lithium so-so about 6 amps per battery