Best place to launch Pool 13?

Going to head to Savanna to explore pool 13 ! What is the best place to launch 21 foot bass boat? Any tips places or recommendations?

2. Member
    Big Slough recreation area north of Thompson IL has good ramp, parking, and restrooms, but be careful on the way out to the channel . Public ramp in middle of Savanna IL was good, but I haven’t been there for a while. There’s actually a little ramp right at lock and dam 13 that I’ve used before. There isn’t much parking there. PM me your cell # if you have any other questions. I mostly fish there in the spring, so I won’t be much help finding fish. Good luck

3. Member
    The one in the middle of savanna is Marquette park. I would use 1 of the 2 ramps on either end of the park. Fishing has been tough. Good luck

4. Member
    Millers Landing. 4 ramps, tons of parking and facilities
    2017 Nitro Z21
    2017 250 Pro XS T2 (SN 2B401909)
    Bravo 1XS 26P
    BMS 12" Action Jack
    Ultrex 112# - Solix 12 - 12' Talons

Club: lunkersunlimited.net

5. Member
    I like the launch in Savanna

6. Member
    I was out this weekend and water is getting low . Marquette park downtown probably your best bet for free ramp . Big slough is a great ramp , 5bucks ramp fee . Millers is good but you really need to know exactly how to run out of there because of a couple sand bars .savanna marina charges and Its been so long I don't know how much . Fishing was tough but I was only out for a few hours, had a couple blow ups on frogs in town lake but didn't boat anything . Be careful running outside the channel as a few wing damns are getting closer to exposure . Great pool and I'm learning more about it this year .

7. Member
    Thanks everyone for the information ! hopefully getting out there in the next few days!

Savanna Marina $9 for non resident - but there is secure parking and good toilets.... 4 ramps. It is mid pool and right in town.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

9. Member
    What can anyone tell me about fishing around blandings landing south of galena? Have some friends that want me to come over to bass fish. Is it any good? is it dangerous to navigate if you have never been but have a map card?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapela View Post
    What can anyone tell me about fishing around blandings landing south of galena? Have some friends that want me to come over to bass fish. Is it any good? is it dangerous to navigate if you have never been but have a map card?
    Yes its good and yes its dangerous. Haven't been there for a few years, but if I recall there is decent water along the railroad tracks on illinois bank all the way up to chesnut resort. I believe they usually mark a trail to the main channel in front of Chestnut as well. Everything else is pretty full of stumps and probably shouldn't be ran unless you're familiar with the area.

Just got home after a couple of days. Water is low ... and the bite was so-so. Biggest fish we boated were dogfish over 4 lbs ... I hate those ugly critters (cuz I think they are bass - until you learn they are not). Did also boat a couple northern over 30 - one going 35 or so. It's just good to get out. A couple of backwater lakes were real low. These runs kinda make you pucker a little when you look at the depth finder and see 1.5 - 2, what do you want to do ?

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

12. Member
    I was on pool 13 as well today for a few hrs. I fished around big slough. Caught one 10 incher

13. Member
    Had a tournament out of Clinton today. We managed 5 for just over 10 pounds. We stayed in pool 14 because we couldn't find enough in 13 to chase after. Some really good fishermen didn't do squat today. We almost got a check!
    LEGEND ALPHA 199DCX / 225 PRO XS MERCURY

14. Member
    Ive never fished pool 14. Looks good across from clinton on ill side crossing the rt 30 bridge in those backwaters with the railroad bridge

There was a IL fed tournament out of big slough today as well. Havent heard of the results yet though
    Last edited by Blazerguy; 08-23-2020 at 10:32 PM.