Thread: Reed order?

Reed order?

All,

I am replacing the reed adapter plate gasket on my 02 merc 200 EFI sn#0T443994.

I noticed that the three of what I guess would be called the reed blocks are labeled A and three are labeled B. Does it matter which goes where? I can’t find any info about this in the manual at all and the all appear the same? I actually put TDR reeds in a while back and didn’t even notice this so I’m sure they went in that time differently then they came out unless I got lucky. Since they are kind of in series of two I would guess an A and a B in each series but again just a guess, I just don’t know if they have an up/down position etc? Hopefully this makes sense to you guys probably not explained well on my part.

Thanks

2. Member
    Can u post pic? If you are talking bout the blocks/cages , what the reeds bolts to ? All 6 exactly same

3. Member
    Sorry don’t have access to boat until Friday but yes exactly. I am talking about the part that the TDR reeds are mounted to or sit on block/cage yes exactly.I had to remove via Allen bolts all of them to put on the new gasket and as I was going to put them back on I noticed that three of them were stamped with a A and other the other three with a B.

I too believe they are all the exact same but I noticed it so tried to look up in manual and search online and didn’t see any reference to an order they should go in or anything like that. Having said that I wanted to verify as I certainly don’t want to do this again, so they are all the same then correct no up/down or order etc?

thanks

4. Member
    Sorry don’t have access to boat until Friday but yes exactly. I am talking about the part that the TDR reeds are mounted to or sit on block/cage yes exactly.I had to remove via Allen bolts all of them to put on the new gasket and as I was going to put them back on I noticed that three of them were stamped with a A and other the other three with a B.

I too believe they are all the exact same but I noticed it so tried to look up in manual and search online and didn’t see any reference to an order they should go in or anything like that. Having said that I wanted to verify as I certainly don’t want to do this again, so they are all the same then correct no up/down or order etc?

thanks

5. Member
    I guess to simplify the part of the reed block assembly that mounts to the adapter player via Allen bolts. 855952T3 is the part number for the reed block assembly and even though I’m not by my boat if I search I can also see the letter stamp in most pics online, I tried to post but pic was too large regardless I think you guys are on the same page.

6. Member
    So I’m good to install guys, they are all the same correct?

I just want to verify prior to starting tomorrow morning thanks.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    No problem what order those are placed in. Just different versions of the same part.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Ok Thank you Don.