Youghiogheny Dam 8-5_2020

I have been a little lazy on posting about the Yough.

Not counting today I have been out four other times since my last post. I only really had one bad day. I put in at 7:30AM. I got about 200 hundred yards and the boat died. Who knew you had to have gas in the tank to go fishing. LOL it could have been worse I could have been 6 miles from the dock.

Today was another one of those great days on the Yough. I got an opportunity to fish with Mike another forum member as a rule when I fish with any one but family I don't share as much info.

First fishing during a week day is great. We hit the water at 8:30 am and fished until 3:00 pm. The lake was holding anywhere from 75 to 79 . The depth is at the dam ramp is just at the lower end of the turn out on the ramp, so it's down somewhere between 10 and 15 feet maybe more.

If you have read many of my prior threads then you can figure out for the most part how I fish.

While the one photo below is not my biggest large mouth on the Yough it would make the top 10. I can not say much about the location or bait as this was caught on a custom made bait not at a spot I picked for the day. I also caught a very nice small mouth there.

The small mouth in the photo was caught by my standard Senko. I used a purple Senko with blue flecks. Like I always say fish them weighted and slow. This was caught in MD in my favorite cove that I always talk about.

The Yough has really been a nice producer of bass for the past three years. It is a very overlooked lake and has a reputation of being a hard lake to fish. LOL the truth it isn't.

20200805_171757.jpg20200805_171724.jpg
    Last edited by Fx20 2011; 08-05-2020 at 08:25 PM.

2. Member
    So you went back to the ramp and got gas then. I see that is your boat and i know you didn't use the trolling motor to get to your hole in MD. LOL

3. Member
    Lol, no the day I ran out of gas was last week. I was just so mad at myself I pulled it out by hand and went home. I didn't want anyone laughing at me standing in the water to load the boat on the trailer. I just thought the other tank was full for some reason. I mean why looknat tbe gauges.

4. Member
    Lol