Led trailer accent lighting

Looked at trailer kits for bunk lighting. Id like to brighten up my profile quite a bit for loading in the dark and stuff. Who has experience with em and can recommend the best ones? I always liked bluewater leds, but now that they are with th marine, im not sure bout quality. Here are the ones im looking at. Can anyone recomend better in the same price range? Thanks.

https://thmarinesupplies.com/collect...roduct-reviews

2. Banned
    Check state law before you install. Found out in Oklahoma you can't run certain colors and have been told in some states they do not allow under vehicle lighting at all.

3. Member
    You are typically going to be safe with red behind wheel wells and yellow in front which coincides with existing lighting on your trailer

4. Member
    I've got Bluewater white LEDs on the bottom of the trailer frame. Have been there for at least 7-8 years. No issues at all. Don't have all the others that come in the kit.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    I've got Bluewater white LEDs on the bottom of the trailer frame. Have been there for at least 7-8 years. No issues at all. Don't have all the others that come in the kit.

NoCAL
    What do you mean when you say you dont have the others in the kit? You just have 2 led strips down? Also, can you offer any guidance on placement to get the most light? Thanks!

6. Member
    I'd put my money in high dollar jerk baits.

Fish won't see those lights.

If I had a sponsor that paid for them, I'd run 'em. If I pay for it, it better catch fish, or at least help !!

7. Member
    One small LED marker light in the center front of trailer is all you need to help loading at night.
    Too much lighting will blind you.
    1989 Coleman Crawdad
    55 lb Minn Kota Endura Max

I did red Bluewaters all under my trailer...no issues here in NC with the po po...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

9. Member
    I have blue accent lights on my trailer. They do help when loading at night.
    Just make sure you check your states laws about under lighting.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

10. Member
    So question, do you install on the inside of the rails (Facing Inside) or on the underside of the rails?

11. Member
    I have some really old style Bluewaters live well lights, one white three light strip in front and one behind the wheels on the frame. Gives good lighting for backing the trailer down the ramp and seeing it on the road. Been installed probably 10 years.
    Wash your hands and say your prayers, cause Jesus and germs are everywhere.

12. Banned
    I have blue ones on my trailer. They do light up like runway lights when loading in the dark. Had them for years and never had an issue. But the local popo didn't like them in one little town that I drive thru every time I go to the lake, so I disconnected them to avoid the hassle.

Our state law says you cannot have FLASHING blue lights. Obviously mine don't flash. But the local popo said they appeared to glad flash thru the spokes of the wheels, and threatened to impound my boat if I came thru his town with them again. I think I'd win with the judge, but rather than see my boat loaded on a rollback, I conceded and clipped the wire.

Been meaning to put them on a switch and just haven't got around to it.

Lights and da Po-lice — amber in front, red side and rear. I had over 200 bulbs ( 2 bulbs per light) on one of my tractors, never had a problem with any state. I had the purple anti-glare lights ( size of a quarter) on the inside of the windshield—- used to have a few scale houses frown on them— but they were legal

14. Member
    Led rock lights there 22 bucks for for pods at amazon same as ridged lights I put green in boat and under on trailer blue under back of truck for dark ramps there great

15. mikesxpress
    Like this?
    Ray Charles can load with these on.
    Been on mine for over 3 years now.
    Contact Jonathan at Gatorbak for details.

Very nice Mike

17. mikesxpress
    Thanks Dave. I wanted loading lights for use at remote saltwater ramps. I only do things once and this was my best option over piecemeal add ons.

18. Member
    That does look like a good option as well. How did you mount them?

19. mikesxpress
    Justin go to the Gatorbak website and look for lighted bunks. Lots of information there on how to do it. Not a cheap upgrade, but if you add the stainless steel bunk brackets (also available at Gatorbak) while in the process, you'll never have to mess with the bunks again.