Charging AGM with flooded?

I need a new crank battery, and from reading here, it seems like the Sam's AGM would be a good choice. Can I , with a Pro Mariner charger, charge the agm on one bank, and two flooded on the other two?

contrary to what most say...Ive used my minkota charger of 8 years on those Duracell batteries I plug them in after fishing takes 2-3 hours and their full charged then I unplug them
    I only use agms on trolling motor and use acid duracell for the lights and cranking

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX
    Sole member of " THE FISHERMEN FOR LIFE" a fisherman that knows one can make the difference!!

The short answer is YES!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

4. Member
    And the longer answer is no. The Pro Mariner on the Cat is basic and does not allow selection of battery type for each bank. However, if you can get the charging profile necessary for the AGM and if the profile on the charger is suitable for it, then you are fine. High voltages are not good for AGM’s. You would have to do some research or make some calls to East Penn and Promariner. That is one of the reasons that I went with the MK PC series on my Cat which allows selection for each bank.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    And the longer answer is no. The Pro Mariner on the Cat is basic and does not allow selection of battery type for each bank. However, if you can get the charging profile necessary for the AGM and if the profile on the charger is suitable for it, then you are fine. High voltages are not good for AGM’s. You would have to do some research or make some calls to East Penn and Promariner. That is one of the reasons that I went with the MK PC series on my Cat which allows selection for each bank.
    Does the charger detect the type, then change modes? I ask because I was thinking if removed all connections, then connected the AGM first, maybe it would switch?

6. Member
    http://www.eastpenn-deka.com/assets/base/0139.pdf
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    Does the charger detect the type, then change modes? I ask because I was thinking if removed all connections, then connected the AGM first, maybe it would switch?
    No it does not switch automatically, you have to manually select your battery type per bank.

An option would be to buy the NAPA Grp31 Commercial Battery 7234 or 7235 (different type posts). It is a good battery, outstanding cranking power. They are a traditional flooded battery and normally run $180ish.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

9. Member
    I’ve run a dual pro professional for the last six years that way, with 1-agm and 2-lead acids. My PM1 agm lasted five years and my two lead acids are going on six years. If I remember correctly, I checked into it before I installed the PM1 and was told the the dual pro would be fine with that combination. I always plug mine in as soon as I get home and leave it that way till it’s time to go again.