Question about RT188 Livewell

In automatic mode my Livewell aerator runs too much to suit me. I would like to run it a little less and preserve my battery.

I could take stuff apart and probably find my own answer but would rather not take a bunch of stuff apart. Sometimes that does not end well...LOL... SO....is there a way to adjust it to run less and where is the adjustment and how??? Where is the timer?? Thanks.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

2. Banned
    As far I know the module on mine is fixed. I think I found the model # and googled it a few years ago.

Ranger and most other bass boat companies used to install an adjustable timer. By turning the dial, you could increase or decrease the time between the livewell pump coming on. You might be able to find one by search the web.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    If it is a fixed timer then I might could swap it out for one with a dial. Has anybody ever identified where this thing is located? I am trying to save myself trouble by learning from somebody that knows before I just go charging in and tracing wires...

And to Jeff... That is why I asked. I know they used to be adjustable... Was thinking they still might be but I don't know where it is to look. I will find it tho.
    RT188

5. Member
    Should be up under the console. I believe it is red. There’s a wiring schematic on the rear starboard compartment lid That should show the wire colors that go to it.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    If it is a fixed timer then I might could swap it out for one with a dial. Has anybody ever identified where this thing is located? I am trying to save myself trouble by learning from somebody that knows before I just go charging in and tracing wires...

And to Jeff... That is why I asked. I know they used to be adjustable... Was thinking they still might be but I don't know where it is to look. I will find it tho.
    I don't think that the RT188 has the adjustable livewell timer.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

7. Member
    They aren’t adjustable Jeff. But, swapping the timer that’s there for one of these should not be a big project.

https://www.boatid.com/flow-rite/pro...xoCzyAQAvD_BwE

The non adjustable switch that came with the RT has served me just fine.

8. Member
    Mine has not caused me a problem and maybe I should just leave well enough alone.

I fish Stick Marsh a lot and a couple of other lakes that are catch and release on bass so I don't keep a lot of fresh water fish anyway. But a couple of times lately I have kept some in brackish water and inlets I fish some.

It just seemed to me that in auto mode it ran more than I would like. I have a LOT of stuff on that motor battery and if was a dial I was going to have it cycle less. My motor battery has been fine but the other day I kept some fish and plugged my fillet knife in and it did not get up to speed on the 12 volts. I heard that Livewell running a LOT more than I thought it should so I asked about where it was and the adjustment... I don't really use it much anyway and I bet that is why it never worried me before. Thanks to all who answered.
    RT188