Thread: Ardent Reels

Ardent Reels

Anyone have any experience with Ardent Reels? I’m specifically looking at the Ardent Bolt spinning reel to replace an old quantum accurist and an Apex grand or Apex Elite to replace an old lews Tournament MG.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

They're probably just about identical to the ones you're wanting to replace. Ardent and most Quantum and Lews, and some others are made in the same factory by a company in South Korea called Doyo.

Personally, I don't trust them. Too many issues with those reels. Even though I've sworn off Shimano due to issues with their spinning reels binding up that they wouldn't cover under warranty because "it was a wear part" (they compared it to windshield wipers or tires on a car), Daiwa and Shimano are made in factories they own and made to their specs. For a similar price you could get Daiwa or Shimano and are likely to have better luck with them. Just my opinion, of course.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

3. Member
    I've got an Ardent Bolt, it's as good as most spinning reels at the $80 price point. I got 2 for $120 at a sport show booth a few years ago, gave the other to my dad I think. That being said if I wasn't purchasing reels after a few beers at a show I probably would have just got a Daiwa I think they make the best quality lower priced reels. I've got an Exceler I think is the model that I use all the time.

Only casting reel I have from them is the Apex flipping reel (bought at the same booth) so can't really comment on their other baitcasters as that one is kind of unique.