Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Z19 best performance help

Hey guys. I have a 2020 Z19 has roughly 5 hrs on it now. I am just now trying to set this boat up. As of now I am running a 24p Fury 3-blade. My pad to prop is roughly 3.25in As of right now top speed with myself. Tourney load. Full tank of gas. Full livewells I am seeing 67-68 mph @ 5600 rpms I have vessel view so I know the rpms are accurate. I am using my birds gps for my speed. That is all I can turn that prop. When i first completed break in I had empty livewells and quarter tank of gas and I was able to see 69-70 after I got used to the walk. Im guessing I need to downsize to a 23p to get the extra rpms during these hot summer months.

Also I am use to a 18ft boat w/150 I know how to handle chine walk. I have driven boats with worse walk than this current Z19. One thing tho. On a long sweeping turn when I am running WOT it kind of wants to walk in the turn. I know at these speeds it is to be expected but from more experienced fast boat drivers is there a way to drive through that? Or do I just need to trim it down and little and let it eat until Im out of the turn.

Thanks for any help guys.

2. Member
    I have a 2019 Z19 with a 23P fury prop. I have moved my motor up to 3" and i have moved it back down to 3.50". The best speed i have seen so far is 66.4. I have also driven a boat for 25+ years and this boat walks really bad. I have always trimmed down in turns or my boat would wanna slide through the turn.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lsufan334 View Post
    ... I am running a 24p Fury 3-blade. My pad to prop is roughly 3.25in As of right now top speed with myself. Tourney load. Full tank of gas. Full livewells I am seeing 67-68 mph @ 5600 rpms...
    I have the exact same setup and these are pretty much my numbers exactly. With a lighter load my RPM's and speed increase. Mine also starts walking above 68. I'm happy with the performance but I'll keep an eye on this thread, please post back if you find a better setup.

I also trim down a little while turning. When turning at top speed I feel like one large wake will cause the prop to lose bite, boat will spin, and I will go for a swim. I don't mind trading a little speed for safety.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

1 pitch in prop is about 200 RPMs. I would not expect any diff in speed.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Member
    I have been looking for set up help also. Like comrad said let us know how you make out. I had my PTP up to 3" and really didn't see a different in speeds. I did notice the walking seemed better with just me but when i had someone in with me it still wanted to walk. Also when i had it at 3" it would wanna porous when running wot and full trim.

I believe this hull is going to walk at 67mph regardless of setup. I have ran my 19 empty and moved weight around, even tried also varying livewell volumes. Does not seem to matter. Anything over 68 and you are rocking side to side. I am comfortable now just riding around at 66mph.
    2019 nitro z19 with mercury 4 stroke 200hp.

Your numbers are good! I wouldn't change a thing...
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

8. Member
    I agree with KCLOST. You're all set as is. I get the same numbers as OP and it's about all you're going to get.
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

9. Member
    I have the 2019 Z19 also with the Fury 23 prop. PTP is stock from the Boat dealership at 4". I finally had a good run up the river following a basscat with a Merc 250.
    I hit 65 fast but had to back off a little after I saw a couple of boats fishing near the shore. Lets keep this thread going, we can learn a lot and find that sweets spot
    we are looking for.
    Is anybody running the 23 Tempest Prop?

2019 Z19

I was able to run it again yesterday. With a full load. Gas, Livewells, Co-angler and tackle I was seeing speeds of 64mph @ 5400 rpm. One thing I did notice. I am new to Nitro boats. I feel alot of the pad in the water when running WOT I can feel the vibrations. He noticed it too on port side. It feels like the pad around the seating area is still hitting water. So I lowered jackplate around 1/2in hoping to get more bow lift. Is this normal on these Nitro hulls? I came from a Triton and before that a Javelin. The vibration is new to me. I think i have too much pad in the water and not enough bow lift.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lsufan334 View Post
    I was able to run it again yesterday. With a full load. Gas, Livewells, Co-angler and tackle I was seeing speeds of 64mph @ 5400 rpm. One thing I did notice. I am new to Nitro boats. I feel alot of the pad in the water when running WOT I can feel the vibrations. He noticed it too on port side. It feels like the pad around the seating area is still hitting water. So I lowered jackplate around 1/2in hoping to get more bow lift. Is this normal on these Nitro hulls? I came from a Triton and before that a Javelin. The vibration is new to me. I think i have too much pad in the water and not enough bow lift.
    Vibration, thats weird, The last vibration I had in a boat was a spun hub and or a bent prop. Check everything to make sure it is tight.
    Let us know how it rides after lowering 1/2 inch.
    I am going out tomorrow, if its calm I will try another run. one person, single console, livewells dry, little less than a half a tank of gas. load of tackle. no power poles.

2019 Z19

It't not like a mechanical vibration i guess you could say. It's weird it only happens when I am at WOT and with no trim left. Like I said it feels like the part of the pad under my seat is just hitting the water. You can even feel a difference in the vibration from the chop in the water.

13. Member
    As in my earlier post my Z19 is at 3.50". I was out today and running up the lake with a little bit of chop just over half a tank of gas, 1 pole and livewells empty with my buddy and his tackle i did 65 with chine walking.And my RPM's is like 5800-6000 on the gauge i don't have vessel veiw. I can feel the chop sometimes when i am running but i have felt that in my procraft that i had before also. I am getting good lift and i am not exactly sure how much boat is in the water but my spray is for sure behind my seats.

Quote Originally Posted by steinybass View Post
    As in my earlier post my Z19 is at 3.50". I was out today and running up the lake with a little bit of chop just over half a tank of gas, 1 pole and livewells empty with my buddy and his tackle i did 65 with chine walking.And my RPM's is like 5800-6000 on the gauge i don't have vessel veiw. I can feel the chop sometimes when i am running but i have felt that in my procraft that i had before also. I am getting good lift and i am not exactly sure how much boat is in the water but my spray is for sure behind my seats.
    Im able to hit 65 fully loaded without any walk. I dont start walking until 67-68 which i can only hit with really light load.

15. Member
    How much set back for motor? Pad to lower unit nose cone.
    Are y’all running merc wingmaster lower units?

16. Member
    When I had a 2017 z19 mine would run 70. After adding 2 10ft talons it could still hit 68 mph on a straight stretch. It had a 25 tempest. Dont know what the pad measures were. But it run good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by capt odie View Post
    How much set back for motor? Pad to lower unit nose cone.
    Are y’all running merc wingmaster lower units?
    I will try to get those numbers today. Had sinus surgery Friday. I have been taking it easy

Quote Originally Posted by Jigman78 View Post
    When I had a 2017 z19 mine would run 70. After adding 2 10ft talons it could still hit 68 mph on a straight stretch. It had a 25 tempest. Dont know what the pad measures were. But it run good to me.
    I might be wrong but from what Im seeing the new 200 four stroke Mercury a 24p Fury is about as big as I have seen anyone run.

I have a 8" slidemaster JP. Pad to Prop height is currently at 4" and I have the torquemaster lower unit. Running 24p Fury three blade.

20. Member
    Mine was a 2 stroke. I'm trying to figure out how from what I'm seeing on here is why are the newer z19 slower? Got friends with new z20 with 250s running 76 mph. Which is faster then his last one. With a2 stroke.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast